1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6yamaha tacho conversion

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Grandadbelly, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Grandadbelly

Grandadbelly New Member

Hi I was recently reading a post from thumper on his conversion to a r6 tacho speedo conversion on his track bike and I am trying to do the same but need his help can I send him a pm or such regards Grandadbelly

2. Grandadbelly

Grandadbelly New Member

I recently posted a thread looking for “thumper”he invited anyone who had trouble hooking up a r6tacho to contact him it seems he is uncontactible so I am looking for help I have a fzr400 3tj with a very low mileage yzf600 r motor in it I have upgraded the speedo tacho to an r6 unit I can’t get the tacho to work I be another fzr400/600 that I have converted using an r6tacho I used a signal divider from a company in the USA but unfortunately they have folded I’ve tried the yzf /r6tacho on this machine it works so I’ve eliminated that from the equation I’ve tried another so called tacho converter but no luck I was looking for thumpers posting as he had stumbled on a conversion that worked an only cost dollars to do if someone knows “thumper”or his conversion I d greatly appreciate any help Regards grandadbelly

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Wow. Talk about a stream of consciousness post...

Using sentences might help understanding of the issue. Not being a grammar Nazi, I just can’t follow this post without my brain hurting.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Short short short form: YZF600R motor / CDI mated to an R6 tach results in the tach reading wrong due to the number of pulses per revolution differing from what it expects. He's looking for a cheap way to condition the tach feed from the YZF600R CDI to match the R6 tach's desires.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Cheap. I’m out. Current generation is K-line. Not going to work

6. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent