1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Different thing entirely.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm terrible in the car sometimes - not yelling, just the words - and last week as a guy walked in front of my car (in a crosswalk) I hear out of the backseat from my 2.5 year old "this fucking guy". I had always been surprised he never parroted that word before then out of nowhere dropped it like a pro. I def have to watch my mouth though :D

Gorilla George, G 97 and auminer like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m not sure I follow your question. I believe that there is a distinct difference between God and Satan. I believe God to be good and Satan to be evil. Others can believe what they want to believe. I believe in God. I’ve accepted Jesus as my savior. I’m a Christian.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup::crackup:

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My question was whether you have a problem with an athlete praising Satan during their victory speech, if that's who they worship. And why that's different from someone praising the entity you worship (can I say that? I just remembered you're a little sensitive about people saying "worship". :D )

But don't mind me, the person who asked about Allah probably drove the point better.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Completely acceptable. :D

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Kids do pick up and repeat the things they hear around
    them and a lot of it is rather meaningless to them.
    Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you were brought
    up where people used the n-word freely. I feel confident in
    saying that by this point in your life you would have dropped
    that word from your language.
    There is a good reason for that and I would posit that it might
    be appropriate to apply the same thinking to saying something
    that would be offensive to Christians.
    Appropriate language is situational in a civilised society.
    In conclusion...

[​IMG]

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s different for me because I believe Satan to be evil. This is the issue I have. Not the act of specifically praising him, that’s not my business. Only that I think it’s different from praising God. I think there is a distinct difference.
    Does this make sense?

Not following the worship aspect.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have you witnessed this ? :crackup:

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How about as a brake marker?

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

On the way home from Mid O. A guy passed on the right on the interstate and then cut in front of us (truck and loaded toyhauler) so an evasive maneuver was required.

She’s sitting in the back seat with mommy and I hear (ala Broome), “ look at this motherfucker...”

Pretty quiet in the truck for the next lil bit.

Banditracer, Chino52405 and G 97 like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ll pray on it tonight and let you know. :D

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Other than Cam’s thanking the man above and Gerloff’s usual spiel, what riders are giving these “sermons”?

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I've been trying to watch my mouth for years. But there's always that person that shouldn't have been behind you, or right around the corner or some shit. Letting one fly when the kid was in the back seat having forgot she was there always made me feel like such an ass.

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Are minis running at the GNF? I'm going to race one last time so that I can extoll the virtues of the FSM on the podium.

scottn and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, no points or championship but they will run.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Oddly exactly the same mechanism by which you learn about the magical sky daddy.

18. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I've always said I'll have a little more respect for those that "found Jesus" and live their life that way, than those that have been brainwashed since birth about it. If you lived the first half of your life being told the color green was actually orange, you wouldn't believe anyone when they told you that you were wrong...especially not when you're surrounded and raised by those that still think they're right. ;)

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Do I have to pay for Saturday practice if I only race on Sunday?

Too soon? :D

cav115 likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

You need some Jesus in your life. :D