1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks to the one that made it all possible...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Gorilla George, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

*preface: I am not a religious person.

As I read threads like these I often wonder about those that are on the anti or ambivalent to god side. The language they often use seems so aggressive and negative towards religion, especially Christianity. words like sky daddy and brainwashed are not just regular use words. They have intent behind them.
    Its makes me wonder if those people had negative religious experiences or if religion just drives that level of animosity due to its existence.

things you wonder.

2. ton

ton Arf!

let's move on from parsing the nature of god and satan (and how that's somehow different in this context) and back to the question both Pickled Egg and Papa asked directly and was never answered:

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It was answered. Truthfully and respectfully. Dude gets mad props from me for being man enough to admit his hypocrisy.

4. ton

ton Arf!

apologies, i missed it.

5. pickled egg

As decidedly anti-religion, I can only speak from my own perspective.

The glaring hypocrisy, sanctimony and attempts to rend guilt upon those who dare question their orthodoxy, much less openly oppose it are what turned me off to having much of any respect for anyone who espoused adherence to a religious canon.

With one notable exception. My chemistry teacher in high school was a staunch Christian. He was always respectful of others’ beliefs (or lack thereof), he was truly humble and reflected the values one should expect from a devout Christian.

Like I said, though. One notable exception.

Laz and fastfreddie like this.
  6. pickled egg

I’ll need seven Hail Marys and 1/10th of your salary for penance. :crackup:

Gorilla George and ton like this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I should add I have no issue with anyone thanking the sky daddy of their choice.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Had similar experiences myself. I have seen several holy types fall from grace. Plus, Science and religion dont jibe well and I have a tendency to lean towards Science, provided its honest. Most of is honest. Most.

I want to thank Jahweh for giving me the talent to complete this post and the strength to handle the replies.

:)

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ve already answered these. Although PE didn’t ask me specifically. Wouldn’t bother me.

ton likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I meant that you "worship" God in the sense that he is your God. He is your God, therefore you worship him by definition. That's all I meant. Some people worship Satan. I don't get it, but they do. And what I'm saying is if that's who they pledged allegiance to, you should support their right to express that at the trophy ceremony if you're being consistent.

p.s. not going to edit my post because it's already out there but I probably made a mistake by saying you worship him by definition, as there are people who believe in God and are angry with him and turn away from him.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm. I think we agree with this. I do worship God. I can’t say I agree with those whom worship Satan but like I stated, it’s none of my business. Yep and for sure, each individual can express themselves however they chose on the podium.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

What hypocrisy is this?

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmmm, you realize there are Christian religions with churches that don’t do this. At least the one I attend doesn’t.

cav115 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Same one I tried to explain with the Satan example. He just owned up to it, straight up. That was refreshing.

15. pickled egg

And not all Muslims fly planes into ginormous buildings.

Duh.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Um ok, thanks.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No sir, it's the other way around. He's omnipotent, he doesn't have anything better to do so granting me super powers shouldn't be an issue. He's selfish if you ask me.

18. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

The only thing this thread needs is Turtlecreek... :D

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'd be in complete awe of every word spoken on a podium if the winner was Amish. :D

A faithful follower of the Brother John Birch, belonging to the Antioch Baptist Church, heard voices from “God”: Go kill a buncha motherfuckers.
    Hmmm.
    Religion's the biggest fucking joke ever. :crackup:

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'd wager that more than a few Amish boys have surreptitiously lined up dad's new buggies on a Pennsylvania back road and let the horses fly.