1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 10 | Brno | Czech Republic | Aug 2-4

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Shuma-gorath

Shuma-gorath Well-Known Member

Im not disagreeing the 500 was an animal to ride but i would put money on mm or any great rider that he would adapt to it and win. The only reason i would not put rossi as the goat is b/c he choked twice 06 and 15. If you are supposed to be the goat you should not choke when the pressure is on. If you have a rider who has equal stats to another rider but was able to do it under pressure and did not falter he would be the better rider. I am not saying mm is the goat, time will tell on that.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, shit! You don't know what you just did. The pain is still very real round these parts. :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

so in his 9 championships, he always led from the first race and never had to over come any deficit, ever? :Poke:

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

All right look out, I'm reaching out to a 3 time 500gp champion to see what he says. Any of you millennials/gen-xers ever watch him race?

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

and we’re off...... :D

But 9<13

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

[​IMG]
    :crackup:

7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

If mastering multiple bike type is the gauge, make way for Mike Hailwood. Now, there is no GOAT. There is a Greatest Of Their Time/Greatest Of Our Time.

Steeltoe, 83BSA and pscook like this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You have "Uccio" tattooed on your ass, don't you?

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Nope just been involved in professional motorcycle road racing for many years.

10. Shuma-gorath

He will probably still win the championship with that crash.

[​IMG]
    Not so much with this one

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Times. They are a changin.

12. Shuma-gorath

This is the best way. There are to many accomplishments by different riders to have one goat.

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So did Phil Read, 125, 250 and 500, however he only has seven world championships.

Past Glory likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Did he play dress up and wave to the camera? That gets him extra points towards GOAT

Razr likes this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Only if he got paid to do it.

600 dbl are likes this.
  16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Not sure what generation I belong to, but I saw him a race at 5 or 6 Grand Prix's. And every time he raced the majority of racers showed up with production racers that anyone could buy from the local importer. I think KR was the only guy with a proper motor home, the rest of them stood in line to take a morning shit with everyone else in the paddock, minus the very few that were lucky to stay in a hotel.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I guess you can argue that the GOAT status has to do with someone's sense of humor, pranksmanship, likability, and how many different bikes they rode, but I'd say total amount of wins and titles should say who the GOAT is.

Slider82 likes this.
  18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I nominate John Surtees. Only guy to ever win both MotoGP and F1 titles. He mastered bikes and cars.

Steeltoe, Blammo, HPPT and 5 others like this.
  20. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

See how wonderful it is when you embrace it?