1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team USA?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lee#144, Jun 27, 2019.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Do you think lacrosse sucks?

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, I don’t believe that a soccer player possess anymore athleticism than a basketball or baseball player. The different levels of stamina required is a moot point. The additional requirements do not automatically equate to a higher level of athleticism.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Interesting and good points but you did the exact thing you accuse others of. For many you are correct but the world is full of folks that did bad ass things that are 'average' now. Ever been blown up? Lots of vets that are doing average stuff now that survived it. Oh and then there is the cops that seem donut'ed but have done a bunch. Not to mention the average dude that can step up but has no reason to.

Careful on mistaking a game for real life. As some of the baddest folks are the dude that shows up day after day to do shitty things for his families benefit. Push that dude with his back to the wall and be surprised. He is the average american.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't think anyone here is saying soccer players aren't athletes.

Let me try and put it into perspective. People hated Stoner because he was a "whiner". No one doubted his talents (except idiots), but they couldn't stand to listen to him talk. Soccer is like having an entire field of full Stoners but are much more proficient at whining.

50 second mark. I'm sure I could find more.

5. jase

From my experience and my opinion, people who criticize a sport saying it sucks never played it or weren't good at it.

6. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

There's a difference between flopping to draw a foul versus doing it solely because they actually got injured over a blade of grass. For posterity, I am going to requote my own post from earlier; I haven't remotely tried to defend the flopping.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had a feeling you'd go the route of some Garth version of what athleticism is. No point discussing it as I believe that the additional requirements absolutely require a higher level of athleticism.

9. Greenhound386

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Golf sucks to watch, played it, didn't suck at it, would like to start playing ti again.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well that’s kind of obvious isn’t it. If a person doesn’t enjoy a sport or doesn’t gravitate towards it by default they don’t really like it. Most people play sports that they like and enjoy. Most don’t play sports that they don’t like. It’s self fulfilling.

The “good at it” part is subjective. You have people on here calling a former NFL QB who played in 69 games as sucking at football, so.............

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He sucked at pro football. Yes you can play in 69 games and still suck at that level of any sport.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well define athleticism then Mongo. It’s certainly more then having a higher level of stamina. What other additional requirements are there? Each has their own set of skill sets that is required. Different but equally athletic IMO.
    Garth version? :crackup: You really are stretching at this one. LOL.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

No. If you make the NFL for multiple seasons you don’t suck at football. Sorry.

15. jase

I thought the same thing!! You're view point changes once you try to play it.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Imma just gonna leave this Garth version of athleticism here. LOL

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They have a competition for best all around athlete. It is called the decathlon. Strength, endurance, jumping, speed and skill are all there.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

According to some here, that might be only if they do it all at the same time. I would be concerned that competing might lead to transgenderism.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If competitive tampon tossing was a sport, this thread would have some Olympians in it. :Poke:

20. Greenhound386

I would suck at it. I could probably only toss you 2-3 feet at best depending on the prevailing wind and how much you ate that day.