1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida School Shooting Thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sharkattack, Feb 14, 2018.

1. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

You need meat eaters not grazers as SRO's. JMHO. We trained with the locals on active shooters scenarios twice a month. There was was no plan A or B in these situations it was fuck it we'll do it live! Go to the where the gunfire is.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, I was really surprised to hear that they waited at Parkland. After the cops waited outside to stage and secure the perimeter and wait for swat while kids were getting killed in Columbine, it became SOP for everyone responding to get inside and get shit done immediately.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

With or without back up, there's no way in hell I could stand outside while that shit was happening inside.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here but I know not all people are wired like that.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Those people probably should not be police officers responsible for the safety of children at a school.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, then you have to factor in the whole orders from on high stuff. But overall yeah I agree. If you're not the type to run at danger don't be a cop or fireman.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think that is true of 99% of cops, sadly that day had a 1%er arrive

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The majority of the SRO's I have met have been marginal performers on the regular force.

They dont really hire Delta Force to watch your kids.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

10. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

Let’s say you are in your childs’ classes, and you follow the law: you left your piece in your car... You are in a parent - teacher situation and BAM! the door crashes in and someome is shooting from somewhere.

What do you do?

11. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I carry a fat sap when I am on school grounds. I asked local Leo’s and they’re ok with it. I carry for the same scenario you just described. It’s not much but better than nothing.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If I follow the law, I can have a firearm on me.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Need a lot more details. Go to the car is an option. Find some other sort of weapon and go after the shooter is an option. Kids as safe as possible is first priority. Adjust as needed.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Advance. Armed or not, the answer is always advance. Shove the kids under their desks and run towards the shooter. Grab chairs, books, whatever along the way and hurl them towards him. The natural response when someone (even an armed someone) is being advanced upon is to retreat. You'll probably get shot/killed, but that was going to happen anyway. At least if you're attacking you might have a chance to take him out.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I know the initial reaction from many would be to retreat to your car to get your firearm then possibly go back inside to confront the shooter. Problem is, if police enter and see you armed that could lead to a friendly fire situation. As a parent i know it'd be almost impossible to keep me out from potentially going in to protect kids but I'd likely call 911 before entering to advise them what I'm wearing to HOPEFULLY cut down the odds of getting shot.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah getting in touch with 911 would be a high priority no matter what the next action(s) happened to be.

18. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Quicktoy and aaronson like this.