1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Oh, he's a bobber...

Scotty87 and motoracer1100 like this.
  2. joec

joec brace yourself

Where's the gif of the Japanese guy limboing his crf450?

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ain't gonna lie...............that looks fun!!

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Isn't it implied that a Suzuki GSXR K5...is a 1000/litre bike?? :D

You got lucky. Ride safe from now on. Be an example, not a statistic. :beer:

K51000 likes this.
  5. Was thinking the same. You cannot expect someone to have a proper depth perception of your speed going ~3x the speed limit. Then post the daily “cool story bro” and expect a pat on the back. What a moron.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. I really hope this is all a joke. The story and your blue windscreen.

Scotty87 likes this.
  7. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

I didn't know squid lived that long.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Hmm. We had a guy slam into a pickup that was turning left while doing about a buck 40 in a 40 zone. Rider literally came apart. Some parts were 100' from the impact site. Great guy off the bike, rode like a complete maniac.
    Another guy blew through a red light at 100 on the same stretch the next year killed both him and his passenger.

This one happened near my place. My brothers dept responded to it. Guy just left court for a 40 over ticket that morning. Going 150+ on a 55mph highway with limited visibility intersections. mid 90's ext cab 4x4 chevy pulled out from a stop sign. Left a 10ft skid mark. Est impact speed 135. 23yr old woman driving the truck and the rider both were killed. Truck was flipped on its side. We heard this asshat all summer long flying down this bypass.
    fatal062405.jpg

We had a fatal one here last month when 2 bikes were racing each other on a long country stretch.
    Last year someone doing 100= in a 25 rear ended a pickup killing himself.

Every fucking time this happens or someone is seen doing triple digits, the pd's and sd's come down hard on all bikes. I got pulled over in Beloit because the BPD was looking for a red and white sportbike that left the scene of a fatal motorcycle crash. About 30 min of questioning on the side of the road.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    turbulence likes this.
  9. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

1995 I was an irresponsible rider, very naive of my own abilities, got into a hi speed chase on the NJ turnpike and lost my driver's license. At that time I had a brand new ZX7 that I was itching to ride when a friend suggested I try the Penguin school at Bridgehampton Long Island. If it wasn't for road racing I might be dead by now.

I've never been maybe more than 25mph over the speed limit on the street ever again.

Change your ways young man. Please.

BigBird, motoboy and 50Joe like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Most everyone on here has a story of stupid. Most learned that, in addition to endangering others lives, riding like an idiot turns non-riders against us. Wise up and take it to the track, triple the legal speed leaves zero margin of error. You are alive because you are very lucky, not because of skill or ability. At 59, you are old enough to learn from a mistake before someone else pays for your stupid.

Rdrace42, BigBird, K51000 and 3 others like this.
  11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

The blue windscreen is TRUE ... i’ve Seen the pictures :D

12. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

So you say you rode fairly mellow the rest of the way home then interject the 2nd gear wheelie off one of the humps in the road? I wouldn't exactly call that mellow after a near death experience where you could have killed someone else in addition to yourself. :rolleyes:

And then go on to say you're cornering lower than you ever had on a road you previously had a bad 'off bike excursion'?

And you're 59 years old? WTF dude? You sound like a total squid who just set the fastest lap time ever at The Dragon. I did that crazy shit when I was in my 20's and saw my friends total their bikes and get seriously hurt and realized it was not the smart thing to do on the street. I started doing track days and eventually quit riding on the street and was race track only from then on out.

You need to grow the fuck up and quit doing that stupid shit on the street before you kill yourself or someone else because of your stupidity, like others have posted here.

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What he said, ya fucking moron.

Besides the likelihood of you killing yourself ("meh") or someone else (seriously fucked up), the image of a 60 year old man in leathers in full tuck on a fucking Gixxer on a two lane road is about the saddest thing I can imagine.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah this thread because everyone else are such awesome riders. LOL

K51000 likes this.
  15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I resemble this remark. And unfortunately, I agree that even on the track, my skills at this age are pretty sad.

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Congrats on not crashing and a great story. There seems to be a lot of " holier than thou" mentality on here. Like every racer/track rider woke up one day with a fast motorcycle going around a track, not having ever put street miles in. Is it smart to go that fast on public roads? No, are you an adult that chose to do that? yes. The only person you we going to hurt was you and your family. Your decision, I'm also a big fan of 2nd gear stand up wheelies

Bruce and K51000 like this.
  17. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

[​IMG]

418, BigBird and motoboy like this.
  18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You can't get hurt if you get hit by a rider doing 160 mph+?? Yeah,an innocent person that gets hit at those speeds more than likely isn't going home to their families that night. You know what that feels like when a loved one isn't coming home anymore because of someone elses stupidity?????? And nobody here is claiming holier than thou shit. The man is well beyond old enough to know better. Nothing wrong with the rest of us reminding him of this,and sure beats having not just 1 but 2+ funerals to go to if shit really hit the fan.

19. trojanliu

trojanliu Active Member

I thought this was going to be a repost of this YouTube video too... I'm still in dirt bike mode for a little longer.

Luckily everything worked out, but the outcome could have been significantly different.

Hope to see you at BHF this season; much more rewarding to build your skills in a controlled environment and ride with more experienced riders to help you hone your game.

PS. Beebz post = evidence to build character case if SHTF down the road...

K51000 likes this.
  20. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

You should give electric go-karts a shot. A lot safer, you can put people into the wall, and there's even money to be made in e-karts if you are a true badass.