1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Looks like you are going to have to switch from the worm and bobber to a crank bait. ;)

K51000 likes this.
  2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

If he had a brembo to go with his double bubble this never would have happened

418, MachineR1 and K51000 like this.
  3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Imagine my disappointment. I was thinking the thread was going in this direction....
    [​IMG]

4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Crutchlow to Suzuki?!

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

You are awesome. ;)

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well when the worm is that small you have to wiggle it pretty hard to get any attention. :D

motoracer1100 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nah...Gander Outdoor had a sale on ammo a couple weeks ago...bring it. :D

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Reread what you wrote, how you characterized the farmer as a MOFO, no fucks given, you waved at him with a what hand sign, etc. Like he was an interloper on your expectations. You were on a public road going 164 mph, likely three times the speed limit. If there was a MOFO on that stretch of road that day, it wasn't him.

I must have missed the part where you learned something.

motoracer1100 and K51000 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If he learned something he would most likely not be dumb enough to post that stupid shit story on here...

nsouza707 and K51000 like this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Gotta start somewhere! :p

joec likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
    Jesus, this thread… :crackup:

12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

No cars/vehicles on the road when I started my run. There are no parking lots. NO van full of kids, etc.
    One reason why I go ~ 30 miles from home to get to areas like this. I should have been more aware of the tractor in the field, near the road, etc.

I understand, I've been a provider in the ER, and on a Fire Dept. in TX previously, I've seen it all too.
    I don't go half that speed anywhere around others, cars, etc. I should have seen the registered the tractor close to the road before I got tucked, etc.

In a few days, I'll be 59.

Thanks G!

I learned massive amounts for sure from this incident. What is really cool, is I didn't hurt or damage or punish anyone, including my old wretched body! I didn't go down. Haven't really started to pick all the grass out of the crevices. I'm thinking I'm going to start with my shop vac!

I posted it b/c it was a huge eye opening harrowing experience, in which no one was hurt, no Gixxxer damaged, NO crash, etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Well, I confess I had a mid to high triple digit run on a public road after a long day of riding in the mountains and I could see a storm cloud moving in. Passed a few cars doing it. I had done track days up until this ride. I got home and immediately realized how many things could have gone wrong and how stupid it was. Vowed to not do it again and started my search for a prepped racebike and was racing the very next spring. Best decision ever. When I went out riding on the street my approach was totally different. We still rode quick but left waaaaay more in reserve and rarely went over 80. I got my adrenaline fix at the track and street riding became more of a social thing and riding in pretty areas with good scenery.

14. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Ok so let me enlighten your stupid ass a bit. If farmers wait for every car or motorcycle to go by, regardless of how secluded the road is they will be sitting there all day long. Also, it’s highly likely the tractor operator didn’t even see you because he was probably checking to make sure whatever piece of equipment he was dragging wasnt about to bottom out or whatever when he went onto the street.

Also, as someone else stated he’s likely running behind due to the weather this heat and probably working on little sleep.

Perhaps you should think about these things. Good thing no one was hurt.

K51000 likes this.
  15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You're not getting it....so let me try one last time.

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DOING IT AT ALL IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE!

Is that clear.

No other bullshit "I was being careful of obstacles/hazards before I went MotoGP 30 miles from home" makes this right or justifiable.

K51000 likes this.
  16. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Wow, OH wow.

SO I'm not sure which shows lack of situational awareness more.

The adventure (glad your ok and bystanders) or posting about it here and expecting WHAT.

K51000 and StaccatoFan like this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

[QUOTE="K51000]In a few days, I'll be 59.[/QUOTE]

So you are telling us you aren't clever or wise. Even if you aren't that sharp someone that's damn near 60 should be wise enough to know everything about that was a bad idea.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    motoboy and StaccatoFan like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t make me take out your good eye. :Poke:

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Glad to hear it. Maybe lead with that foot next time. I daresay you've been lucky so far. Endeavor to deserve it. And TAKE IT TO THE TRACK! :cool:

K51000 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A real baller would have just jumped the farm equipment. Just saying.

badmoon692008 and K51000 like this.