1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

No one has asked the OP, did he live?

Unlike most stories, the OP didn’t say, “The End”. He could have died and just didn’t tell us yet. The OP is stringing us along. Francis must have returned from his sabbatical and created a new beeb account :rolleyes:.

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, just a few people that have learned that dumb, drunk and irresponsible is no way to go through life. If you think the only person he could have hurt is himself, or his family, you are even more of a grade A, first class moron. And if you think your actions don't impact other riders, you are a fool.

4. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

We need more people in the 1000cc classes at BHF... I wont hold my breath for this guy to show up though

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks Grandpa.
    Can’t wait for the next lecture. :rolleyes:

Captain Morgan, K51000 and JBraun like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fuck off Garth

BSA43, Scotty87, turbulence and 5 others like this.
  7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the last experienced rider i knew that thought he was skilled & safe enough to ride like that on the street died when one of his favorite roads was unexpectedly closed around a blind corner. his best friend was far enough behind to get to watch. whats that saying... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. You want to know why the general public hates us, cops target us, and our insurance rates are so damn high that we can't get new people on bikes?

This is why....

You probably would have had plenty of road to navigate on if you were going normal speeds. In this scenario, the mofo is you...not the farmer.

Even as a biker, I would have given no fucks either. You ride like a fucking idiot on public roads, you deserve it.

BrianC636 and Phl218 like this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You left out an important part of that quote - if I see that image on the track, I think “I hope I’m still doing that when I’m that age”. If I see that image on a two lane road, it’s pathetic.

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

For you and others, I felt that the farmer could have not taken up the whole road when he obviously saw I needed room. He basically ran me off the road, I couldn't get stopped at that point. Yes, if I was going 50, I probably could have got stopped.

Uh, OK, EXCEPT no corners, or blind corners on this here piece of road. Sorry about your friend, I've lost friends too on bikes.

AGAIN!!- I DON'T ever ride like this on public roads with cars, people, thru town, on the highways, etc. This is a really nice secluded straight section of road to 'open it up' on.
    AGAIN- I should have ALSO noticed the tractor in the left hand field, near the road- that actually pulled on to the road- using both lanes with his trailer/equipment, which forced me off the road b/c I was going fast.
    Did he have to force me off the road?- no.
    YES- It was my fault I almost wiped out, primarily b/c I was going very fast on the slight upgrade road, and had to do everything I could to keep from splitting a tractor, of becoming farmers fertilizer in the field.

Hey, having the presence of mind not to try and stay on the shoulder or turn at speed in the dirt; the ol Gixxer actually did pretty well getting stopped in the field!

Keep flaming on folks- no problem, and yes, I'm reading/listening/taking advice, etc.

I've had one speeding ticket 18 months ago, doing 43 in a 35.
    Have not 'run' from the law either.

I would like to do a track day at BHF's also, it's been on my list.

11. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

You could have killed that farmer..or yourself or anyone else..you didnt. What you did do was have a very lucky outcome to a very stupid decision.
    Learn, move on

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You keep saying when the farmer saw you - you were doing 150 miles a fucking hour (speedos are not correct on bikes, usually 10% high). He did not see you. He did not hear you. He had no clue you were there until your dumb ass was on the grass well past him.

This is NOT a nice secluded safe place to "open it up". Your story proves it.

You came close to killing yourself and others. Stop making excuses. No one in your story did anything wrong other than you.

nsouza707, BSA43, stangmx13 and 2 others like this.
  13. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Do we get to look forward to an ego-stroking ultra detailed account of those events too?

I hope so, because this has been the most entertaining dumpster fire of a thread I've seen in a while.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm with the OP. Stupid farmer trying to provide for his family. What nerve of that guy stopping the fun.

F**k people trying to work and earn a living.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I am surprised somebody posting on a racing forum has sounds like never done a trackday, please do a trackday.

SuddenBraking and Gorilla George like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You didn’t need room. You needed to operate your motor vehicle in a prudent manner, maintain control and allow for s margin of safety. You didn’t.

No, he didn’t. You ran yourself off the road. See points A-C above

But you wouldn’t have this cool story to tell of your mad skillz and being victimized.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

No.

18. :stupid:

Have you (OP) ever driven a tractor while pulling a trailer?

I have. It is very loud, vibrates a lot, and may not even have mirrors. He likely didn't see you, and I am damn sure he didn't hear you.

Lets also not forget that at those speeds, you were covering over 250' per second. Nobody on public roads is prepared for, looking for, or accounting for someone covering that distance that fast. Even if he would have seen a headlight way in the distance, there is no way in hell he would have ever imagined you would suddenly be on him in split seconds.

This was your fault, nobody else's. You did stupid shit and got bit.

Stop making excuses or trying to place blame elsewhere. Your only move at this point is to say "I fucked up", stop riding like an asshat on public roads, and get to the track.

19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

This really does read like Francis. At least the early parts of his unravelling thread before he gave up on punctuation and tried to separate himself from de old folks.

BigBird likes this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's always amazing that people who've been here longer than 3-5 days post stuff like this thinking it will go a different direction.

Banditracer and Gorilla George like this.