1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adventure Bike Riders

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 13, 2013.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. Last summer my brother and i did a week in Robbinsville. We went a different direction everyday and rode for about 6 hours. And at the end of it all, we said we wished we would have gone out west. I'm sorry, but nothing on the east coast compares. And I know that many have said trailering is the antithesis of true motorcycling, but we'll throw them in the back of the truck for the trip from Louisville to say, Colorado Springs. It's just nothing but mind-numbing roads so why not arrive out west ready to ride the 1000's of miles of great roads or trails.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Britt likes this.
  2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Exactly. Skip the pâté, bring out the steak.

It takes me 2 days of hard running to get there, then ahhhhhh!
    [​IMG]

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Awesome that you ride with your son. I went with my daughter in '16, priceless time together. She's not a big talker about anything, but last month I saw where she had told one of her friends that it was the best trip ever. Then I knew.

[​IMG]

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That's a sweet picture of Texas.

(please don't spread the word about the real location).

5. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I've done parts of the MA ride, and linked it to others in WVa. It's a great starting point for epic riding.

rd400racer likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yep.
    Speaking of Texas, if I get screwed over at work this year (likely) I may have to go further south because of the cold. I recently ran across these guys, who have tried to ride the whole border. Looks like my kind of riding.

7. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

One end of the MABDR is in my backyard - Damascus, VA. Beers on me at the brewery there if y’all come. We will likely ride some sections this summer ourselves.

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Can I get a beer if I'm just doing The Creeper?

ChuckS likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Damn straight. Come on.

jrsamples likes this.
  11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I felt the same way. Finally bought a bike and rode it home 2 years ago. Bus NYC to Atlantic City, Another bus to Vineland, NJ. Spent the night in a cheap motel, then cab to pick up the R6 next morning. As I rolled out of the garage, it started raining, and rained pretty much all the way to Niles, OH. Next day was great, sunny and decently warm. Hard to keep the speed anywhere near reasonable the second day. :D Then I had to fly back to work :(

I'd do it again.

Nice find on the GSA. :beer:

rd400racer likes this.