1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeep Gladiator

Discussion in 'General' started by bleacht, Nov 15, 2018.

1. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I've put thousands of miles on many different vehicles with short beds and the rear tires of motorcycles on the tailgate. Why does everyone act like if you can't close the tailgate you can't haul a motorcycle?

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Have you
    Have you priced a quadcab shortbed lately? Not far from 60k for a decently equipped one, sticker anyway..

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Not really. The Colorado/Canyon are low 40's for a Denali edition and mid 30's otherwise with a six foot bed. I think this Jeep is going to sell over MSRP for a while and be tough to find because Jeep. But were I to be in the market for such a vehicle I think I would just buy a ZR2 diesel.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I'm good with the smaller size trucks. When the new Ranger Raptor is released here, I will wave goodbye to my Tacoma.

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Bought a 2018 f150 2.7 eco boost sport sxt demo for 36k cad. Mind you it’s the super cab with suite doors but the 4 door option was 2 grand more.

No one pays msrp. Currently brand new nicely equipped trucks are mid 40s.

If I could buy an excursion with same options for 40k I would. But the fuckers start at 60k.

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

By trading on the Honda name. Not that they are good pickup trucks. Which, they really are not.
    Not seeing the point there. Convertible trucks are a novelty. Hell, I could remove the entire roof from my old 1980 Dodge Ramcharger, when I still had it. I never did.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I've done it many times too (used to have a couple short box s10's) and it's no big deal.

For some reason I thought this thing had a 4' bed, and a bike wouldn't even sit on the gate or just barely. Just read more about it and it has a 5' bed, and a bike or atv would fit just fine siting on the gate. A 5' bed brings me into the very interested category now. I was ok with the 4 doors (would still prefer a smaller cab, maybe rear inward facing seats like the old s10's and a bigger bed), just didn't want to pay the small unusable bed penalty for them. This thing almost ticks all the boxes for me right now. Just wish that they had been out for a couple few years already so I could buy a used one. I hate buying new.

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

If used JK pricing is any indication, this thing will hold its value very well. You might be waiting for a while before the “might as well buy new” pricing goes away.

DucatiBomber and renegade17 like this.
  9. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

The newer style Jeep tops are very easy to remove. In fact the panels above the driver and passenger are similar to T-Top panels that can be removed with one person. Even the remaining back section can be easily lifted off with two people, or most people use a cheap hoist in the garage. The old Bronco/Blazer tops could come off, but it was a pain in the ass and not often worth the hassle.

10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Jeep is and always will be a hard no for me. Worst road driving vehicles out there, and thats what you do with them 95% of the time.

11. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Agreed. I figure I'll buy new. Just not the first year they're out.

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

When was any Jeep regularly sold over MSRP or tough to find? I hope you're not going to mention the Trackhawk because there were some dealers that were trying to put a premium on them and they were probably sitting on them a while. There were quite a few dealers that were selling them at/below MSRP and blowing them out.

I bought my '15 Wrangler for $38,115 (sticker was $41,995). 46 months and 50k miles later, KBB puts the typical listing price at $31,384.

There's a place in Va that sponsors a Jeep forum and they sell Jeeps under invoice. New or custom build. New JL are being sold at 5% under invoice. They're having a Black Friday sale this month giving you an extra $500 off on top of the 5% under invoice (only for in-stock vehicles...custom orders only get the 5% under invoice). Combine that with the high resale rates and it would be crazy to buy used. They also sell other Jeep models under invoice. They have 12 Trackhawks sitting on the lot and they're selling at 2% under invoice.

13. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

So, it's a Jeep that they stuck a short bed on, instead of a little cargo bay?

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

A Ram 1500 4x4 wrapped in Jeep clothing is still a Ram 1500 4x4.

Pixelator likes this.
  15. Venom51

The Trackhawk...pfft..the local dealer has 6 of them sitting on the lot he can't get rid of....they are sitting every where.

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Looks pretty similar to a H1 Hummer...I'd buy one of those before I'd buy one of these things.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I know. They aren't scarce which is why I said that I was hoping that wasn't what he was talking about. Not sure what Jeep he meant that was ever priced over MSRP or hard to find.

18. Venom51

Maybe I should have worded that differently. I was in violent agreement with you...they are about as rare as teen age acne and just as hard to get rid of. :D

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that big, is it? I was thinking it'd be Durango converted to truck-ish.

20. Venom51

That was kind of tongue in cheek but yeah you are probably right.