1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a good rum to give as a gift?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

On a side note, I was lucky enough to have the Bacardi family charter the yacht I was working on last Christmas and New Years for 10 days. We caught some lobster and Mrs. Bacardi showed me how to cook a a Puerto Rican dish, She was older, I wanted to ask her so many questions, the family's history started in Cuba, but had to keep it professional. It was kind of cool sharing a galley kitchen with the Mrs. Bacardi for an hour though

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yes but have you had Captain Morgans?

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

I like to pour the captain special label barrel stuff into the coke, mainly because it doesn’t make me feel like a hardcore alcoholic when i walk into the store and buy the same stuff that costs 50% more. Doesn’t help though that the cashier greets me with “hey bud”

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Prolly not, he ain’t a pirate

5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That is what they give to babies in the islands before they grow up and learn what good rum is. :D

Captain Morgan likes this.
  6. Captain Morgan

Yes, in high school before I had money or taste? Kind of like drinking PBR, compared to real beer??? :crackup:I actually just went on there website to see where they actually bottle their rum. It wouldn't let me find that out without typing my birthday because they are being responsible, what ever that means???

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Black velvet?

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Captain Morgan Pumkin Spice :p

9. egomezent

egomezent Well-Known Member

3 year for mixing, 7 year for sippin

10. Captain Morgan

Please tell me this is a joke!!!!!!!!!!

11. Dan379

Dan379 Active Member

The Kraken.

12. Captain Morgan

Kind of fake rum with a cool name and fancy bottle, its not bad, but if you want that style I'd go for goslings or pussers with local ginger beer for a proper dark and stormy

freedomgli likes this.
  13. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Zacapa 23 or Hell, spring for the XO if you have the opportunity but if I’m giving one Plantation 20th anniversary or the Diplamatico would be on the list.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  14. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I like Flor de Cana.......? Anyone?

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Coke (hipster cane sugar stuff from mexico) and lime juice alredy mixed in. 1/5th left in it now. Started out 1/3 rum 2/3 rest

Love that shit

Attached Files:

16. Captain Morgan

Real coke from Mexico that comes in glass bottles from natural sugar cane, not corn syrup?? I dig

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Captain Morgan

Flor de cana is good rum, kind of like a girl, shes ok, but nothing to write home about

18. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a joke. I was laughing at my friend the other day because she likes it with warm apple juice. She is such a white girl.

I'd go with Glenlivet 18 cuz it's in my budget and I enjoy leather - but then this would be the wrong thread for that. :D

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

To quote the Broomester; I quoted the above cause, "it's funny to me." :)

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

June ninth, 1969? That's what I always put.

motoracer1100 likes this.