1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sorry to hear about your loss, Ritchie.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, Richie. Lost my Mom in July, at 92. She was the last of her (the greatest) generation in my family. I was her primary care giver for the last 9 years, since my Dad died. While it was trying at times there were still many lucid moments where we could share a laugh. Makes it so tough and difficult but after a while only the good memories survive. That's what they say, anyways.

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Sorry for your loss, Richie. I went through this last year right after Thanksgiving. Sending prayers your way brother metalhead.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sorry for your loss. Richie.

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Sorry for your loss, Metal. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

7. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

RIP
    "I'm the Paterfamilias!"

8. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

RIP, mom. Sorry for your loss.

9. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

My condolences.

Rest In Peace MetalMom

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Sorry for your loss. At some point you’ll have to “let it out”, otherwise it will find a way out on its own, and probably at an awkward time & place.

11. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

12. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss metaldude.

Lost my dad three years ago and miss him a lot.

Don’t keep it all inside, it’ll eat you up.

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I watched my grandmother and grandfather slowly go with dementia. It's the worse thing I've ever witnessed.

I'm so sorry for your loss man.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Sorry for your loss bother. :(

15. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Sorry for your loss man. As we say in our family, getting old is not for sissies, God bless you and yours.

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Take care of yourself and your family, remember the best and share widely, don't forget to ask for help too when you finally get a chance to unwind and need it

17. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

So sorry Richie. Stay strong.

18. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Keep your head up man.

19. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Ritchie, my condolences for the loss. My mom passed away about 6 1/2 years ago, and my brother and I were there for the very end. She too had a lingering passing - about four months of ICU, rehab, and trying to get back on her feet. My older sister said something interesting during the last few days while Mom was home - "I have to do things for Mom that I did for my babies. It just feels strange because Mom was always the parent for us."

Being there for the end is terrible, and I would be just fine to never go through that again, for anyone. In my mind it is also the greatest, and last, chance I have for making up to my mother all the things she gave to raise me. It also showed me that I really want to just go from a massive heart attack in my sleep with no warning. Shocking for those who are left, but hopefully less emotionally scarring.

As far as crying or not - get to it when it feels right. I don't know if I have ever really cried over it -family nonsense overshadowed the immediate time, and I did a good job of burying myself in work and life so I could ignore everything else afterwards. One of these days....

And yeah, talk to people about it. If this place is good for nothing else, it is always a place to blather things to clear your head. Someone will respond.

20. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

My condolences Richie...
    Many thoughts and feelings may pop up at times when you least expect them to...
    Feel free to reach out to anyone at anytime..:

ToofPic likes this.