1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR 400 - School me quickly

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, Oct 12, 2017.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I sold my completely stock and pristine 89 w/6700 miles for less than that. There are too many things wrong or missing to make it a collector bike also. If it’s for track use, save your money. They can be had for much less. Last I checked, there was a badass 400RR in Tennessee for a little more than that.

RS250Ape likes this.
  2. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyone's input. Majority says too many dollars for that condition, better ones out there for same or less. I think I have my final answer.

pscook likes this.
  3. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Saw this on Facebook, I think the bike is located in MN. Seemed cheap, but no idea. If someone is interested I can send the guy a message.

Attached Files:

4. thebrieldeal

thebrieldeal Active Member

Common problems with the carbs is the casting cracking when you remove the anti tamper caps from mixture screws. Huge pain to fix.

They like to eat valves after awhile as well, tuliping when run hard too often.

I'd have more love for a well done 600 in that chassis or even the yzf/fzr 660 hybrid in that chassis. Gsxr front end swaps easily. Was a great bike to run when I was a kid.