1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

2. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

If you’re running single track and trails what’s the reasoning for the kx front end? I would expext that the mx springs and valving would be far to stiff for kdx trail riding?

3. tropicoz

It's mostly a vanity upgrade to be honest. I'm having the forks shortened, revalved, and custom springs made so they're properly set up for woods.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Damn, that's clean for a 2001.

tropicoz likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

tropicoz likes this.
  6. tropicoz

It was in fairly good shape when I bought it, and I’ve cleaned it up a bit since. New seat cover, removed the old graphics, new head bearings, bars, clamps, etc. Just want to get a new set of wheels once I get the forks back so I can button it up and get out for a ride. I’m spending scratch on this old thing like it’s my job lol.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Yesterday it was blue sky and almost 60 degrees.

E30C8BC5-4E52-435F-8BA1-8F2E37ED5D64.jpeg DB543FF8-B664-43FC-8AE0-60D8E05FBE6B.jpeg 1F170393-4B00-4F3B-8B1D-4633388E87B1.jpeg C308F67D-5B2E-4208-90FE-F25821DD203B.jpeg

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Street legal snowbike at the local bike shop in Norway.

99703009-381E-447F-AAED-90EAA7B04EF2.jpeg

TurboBlew, Sweatypants, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

it's a white KTM, with a tad higher price. The carbon subframe is a reason for that, as is the Magura clutch master cyl (not brembo, many really like that magura) . Plastic is different at sides, and airbox cover. No harder to get parts for than a ktm. Minor diff valving in the suspension i'm told (per magazine write ups). Both are awesome bikes (ktm or husky)

10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

that's funny on the pricing... I am finding I can get the husky cheaper by about 300-400 or so. Ski

11. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

New 018 YZ250X. Stoked.

17129888-07FA-4605-9F73-986BD0DBCC50.jpeg

12. tropicoz

Looking forward to your take on it! Plan to add one to the garage later this summer.

13. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Put in 25 grueling miles at the Bluffs this morning. It’s rained for the last 3 months straight here so I’m beat down having not rode in that amount of time.

Felt good to be back in the dirt saddle. Couple a times down in the ground. Nothing to aweful bad, cross rutted on a landing on a uphill fire break jump and hit the dirt kinda fast. Several really wet spots on one side of the camp. So cleanup was brutal afterward. MS delta Clay is the worst to try and hose off.

TurboBlew and tdelegram like this.
  14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, I just got home from watching 80 dirt bikes race at Indy SX. So, there's that.

tropicoz and TurboBlew like this.
  15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Since my wrists are all kinds of totalled, I got a Neken top triple clamp. From what I’ve read, it’s like pussy in that, once you’ve tried it, you don’t want to live without it. Plus, it comes in a nice cookie tin. When the trails thaw out completely, I’ll give it a whirl and report back.

Anyone else have one of these?
    C2634DA9-8207-416F-A627-D770FC9CB3FD.jpeg

16. Str8-Lurkin

Str8-Lurkin Well-Known Member

I'm actually trying to sell my 04' yz250f 4-stroke in good condition. Located in Lancaster, PA asking $2300obo. Message and I can send pics!

Reason for selling is to free up space in the garage.

Craigslist ad is here https://lancaster.craigslist.org/snw/d/04-yz-250f/6542289029.html

Will post formally in the f/s thread as well but seeing as we are talking about mx bikes this seemed appropriate.

17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

us too, had a blast in the P.U hospitality section. GREAT SEATS, GREAT RACING. won a dollar when I bet rt/performance (admitted non regular follower of sx) "tomac will crash chasing marvin tonight". :D prophecy complete. LOL! Ski

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    eggfooyoung and gt#179 like this.
  18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I have the half air, half spring one but don’t have it on. Waiting to get a weld on post for my steering damper before I bolt it up.

19. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

I have one, used it for a 3 months or so on my 300xc, riding woods, harescramble, technical etc. The Neken worked ok I could tell a difference. Ended up switching to the MAKO 360 clamps, for me the MAKO made a bigger difference.

http://xcgear.com/mako-360/

Mike

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

My pick was Eli, "barring he doesn't auger himself..." :cool: