1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frivolous lawsuit against Keigwins trackday organization:gofundme link

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Mar 13, 2018.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Looks like a suspension issue to me. Not enough high speed rebound damping maybe? :rolleyes:

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

How so?

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Shit, I could be an attorney...Frivolous...Slander....But your Honor...

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Exactly, they are responsible for placing soft barriers in the run off areas that are the typical impact zones with the walls.....now, who prevents the rider from brain-farting and veering into the wall at speed when they are past the "runoff area".

[​IMG]

Is it the trackday org's job to pad the entire high bank wall all the way around the track? At what point does the rider pick up responsibility for their own actions/mistakes/assumed consequences?

5. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

I'd say to contain whatever is racing around the track. And yes, there are those few "special" individuals who try to go for style points when they crash, but those like you are not the norm. :) Just out of curiosity, what was on the other side of the wall you hit? To be sure, I'd rather have the runoff of Willow Springs too, but that's not happening in NH or NJ.

I must be watching the wrong video, because the line of sandbags he hit, while at a bit of angle, wasn't parallel to the track. I think comparing the sandbags to the walls, however, is apposite. The sand bag weren't placed there for safety sake, right? To that I again ask, rhetorically, why were they not picked up before the event and redeploy after the event (realizing we'll never know for sure)?

6. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Dude, I've been riding Loudon for coming coming up on 18 years ... and racing it as an expert for coming up on 15 years. How much more time do you think I need going into T3?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

:whoosh:
    Did you Broome this thread.:Poke:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you think Willow runoff is great don't look too close :D

How the bags were placed I don't think is what people are talking about. Sounds to me like he went off track while the track went straight - which is not an area most would consider to be runoff for a corner.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Hill. https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...6f31a35f5ee5b!8m2!3d38.1608659!4d-122.4546942
    Check exit of carousel, was already on drag strip when spun and nailed wall on left side.
    While there check wall around turn 5, there is nothing but flat parking lot behind it. This is wall Haskovec hit.
    I bet both of this guys suing rode Sonoma which is 10 times worse than Laguna.

Newsshooter likes this.
  10. TWF2

Only way to end there is how he did it.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Shut up and give me the water, yes all of it.

[​IMG]

Gorilla George, panthercity and G 97 like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Admittedly I only have about 100 or so laps at each of these racetracks but I can’t say that Sonoma is greatly anymore or anyless dangerous than Laguna. They each have their own areas but as a whole I consider them somewhat close although Sonoma probably has the riskiest area. I really never thought one was anymore safer than the other relively speaking. :)

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More proof you're insane Garth :crackup:

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I can only speak with personal knowledge and experience for Ohio, but professionalism and ethics for attorneys ought to be taken pretty damn seriously in every state. I'm sure people will make their own jokes about attorneys after reading this, and CA, "the land of fruits and nuts" probably has its share of goofball lawyers, but the vast majority of attorneys hate those goofballs giving the rest of us a shitty reputation.

...I'm veering further off topic. I'm sorry you had a negative experience. Sometimes principles are more expensive than we can afford. The juice isn't always worth the squeeze.

15. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Gotta remember, I've spent 18 years going into T3 at Loudon ... I consider the width of a grocery isle to be great runoff....

I think bag placement might be relevant to help demonstrate that the conduct was grossly negligent rather than basic negligence. I don't think its too relevant that this didn't happen in a corner runoff ... that type of argument kind of cuts both ways. I've been bumped off a track , or have had to take evasive off track action, on a relatively straight portions ... not all that unusual in my book.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I never really felt like I ever got up to speed at Sonoma, so subconsciously.................:D

And what happened to the rider should decide?:p

17. TWF2

Think if you look at injuries and crashes you will get answer.
    You probably don't know that light brown dirt strip outside of the turn 1 running parallel with drag strip is 4-5' deep water ditch. Bikes do end in there.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...6f31a35f5ee5b!8m2!3d38.1608659!4d-122.4546942

G 97 likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If I were running that corner, I wouldn't have allowed that situation to continue.
    That's a commonly used run0ff area for bikes.
    If it was pouring rain and they were in use, or they were way off track, that would be different, but that's a terrible place for obstacles.
    Take a Kubota with a York rake out there, throw the bags in the bucket and run the rake up and down the side of the track a few times and you're golden.
    An hour of somebody's time, maybe.

Wingnut, L8RSK8R and motoracer1100 like this.
  19. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Not familiar with Sonoma, so I got nothing for ya ... except to offer my condolences.

20. TWF2

In my view Loudon is safe compared to it. I raced at Loudon for few years.