1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most pathetic way to get injured?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Feb 16, 2018.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Was pressing a bearing off an axle in the hydro press, younger days, couldn`t go fast enough.

This particular bearing was stubborn. Cranked on that handle hard. Standing approx 1Ft from said axle.

Pops out of press with a huge boom, end smacks me in the face and knocks me down.

Broken cheekbone.:D

2. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Flash is when the plastic squirts out around the part. It isn't supposed to be there. Happens when the mold wears, the clamp is loose, or your runner system isn't balanced.

The sprue is the extra chunk where the molten plastic entered the mold It's usually fairly large compared to the part/s. . The runner is the series of smaller channels that direct the plastic to fill the parts in the mold. The little chunks next to the parts are often referred to as the sprue - but are actually called the gate.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

thanks for clarifying. I used xacto knives, not razor blades.

4. CausticYarn

A nice sharp pair of nippers rules my world.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Then was the time a friend had an old KX500 that wouldn`t start, had been sitting for a few years.

Put new fuel in it and a plug, then got tired of kicking. Got a rope, tied on to a 125 dirtbike and decided to pull it.

I told him to be sure to pull the clutch in when it started.

When it finally fired, the throttle was stuck WFO. He went flying past me and pulled me around backward as I flew off .

No broken bones, just lots of rash.

orangesuzuki and ToofPic like this.
  6. {IWS grimaces and crosses his legs}

panthercity likes this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Always do fireworks on the fourth.

Always do the max load mortars.

One year at the lake (had already sent the kids and grandkids down by waters edge), I was setting them off from the edge of the deck.

Until that one. Lit it, heard the fuse burn, then nothing. I wait for a few then, it explodes out of the tube, comes over and hits me in the right thigh, then the final explosion.

8" diameter hole all the way to bone and muscle. Wore a vacuum bandage and pump for 6 weeks.

My cousin said lucky I wasn`t hanging right.:crackup:

8. sumguitardude

sumguitardude Member

A guy at work broke his foot by doing sit-ups with his feet wedged underneath a dresser.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I wasn't really picking on you , just stating a fact . I'm in the same boat . I just got my second Social Security Depot two days ago :D

panthercity likes this.
  10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I read that as Nipples ..:D

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Not with a sprained ankle...

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Is the feral cat still around ?

ToofPic likes this.
  13. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I stuck a #2 Phillips through the web of my hand assembling a lacrosse stick for my neighbors kid. Couldn't get enough leverage on the workbench, so I picked it up and applied pressure. Of course the screw slipped and I jammed the tip of the driver into and out of the back of my hand.

The image of the meat-filled screwdriver tip is burned into my memory.

The doc laughed out loud when I told him that the screwdriver was "garage clean" in response to his questions.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm sorry but :crackup::crackup::crackup:

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yeah it's funny now you bastard. :D

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Today. I was leaving (attempting to, anyway) for work at 4:30 AM. 1988 Concours got tangled with the 1999 CB125T as I came off the center stand, and down I go, landing on my Specialized Diverge (missed my wife's car by inches). I extricate myself, go around everything, lift up the CB, put it back on the stand. (I now smell gas, great.) Go back around everything, teeter the Connie enough to pull out the bicycle (back wheel in the stand, I get to see how bad the wheel is when I get home tonight). Attempt to lift the Connie, but I'm standing in a puddle of gas on a polished concrete floor. Slip, slide.

Get my floor jack, tip the bike as far up with one hand and roll in the jack under the pannier rack. Start to lift the bike, break the pannier rack. Swear. Reposition the jack, finish the lift, put it on the sidestand (while slipping in the ever larger puddle of gas). Put everything away, and start the bike after two minutes of clearing the hydrolock.

wrenched back, stressed/strained bicep, and bruised pride and ego. Tragedy+time=comedy, so I'm almost ready to laugh. Maybe tomorrow, or after I replace the pannier rack (at $90). Yes, stupid hurts.

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Holy crap! :eek: You got any pics of this??

18. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You must live in a plastic world.

19. CausticYarn

Quality Manager at an injection molding place :D

Phl218 likes this.
  20. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

About 2 years old and my mom took me to one of those classes that the parents play with the kids. Playing Ring Around the Rosie, when it was time for "we all fall down", I fell first and went right under my mom. She couldn't catch herself and fell on me breaking my collar bone. Apparently my mom felt terrible, but I think it's a pretty funny story myself.