1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpaceX

Discussion in 'General' started by flyboy, Dec 21, 2015.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I call bullshit.

:D

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I didn't say blinker fluid.:crackup: I was shocked too, which is why I mentioned it. You are right, I did think of something else, the sunroof doesn't open/close the previous owner told me it was the cable, we just don't use it. Also there are pixels out in the display which is common on BMW's, and makes it harder to read, but it does still work. :)

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

For those who don't know, the launch window for the Zuma payload opens up at 8pm tonight.

4. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I’m in Texas now which means no more mission control launches, but to be honest I don’t think I watched any 2017 launches from mission control. I hate fighting crowds lol.

I’m pissed that I’m not going to be there for the heavy launch, but my new role allows me to see the real time telemetry coming off the vehicle which is pretty cool. I can’t imagine how batshit crazy it’s going to be if it’s a successful flight - and if all three cores land.... o man. Make sure you get a hall pass from your wife for the day of the launch just in case because it’ll probably be a late night in El Segundo :).

Humm.... maybe I’ll try to make a business case to come back to Hawthorne for the launch :D

5. I know falcon heavy is going to be a huge milestone especially if the 2 sides peel away and land correctly. But my main focus is Crew since that’s what I’m working on. I won’t miss Heavy on launch day but our team will be in cape for Crew doing any last minute work on it and for the launch.

I honestly don’t even want to be in Hawthorne for the Crew launch at all. Total chaos if it’s a success.

We’ll be already into building the next one.

Hit me on skype on Monday with a link on that telemetry!!

OGs750 likes this.
  6. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Did they give you a laptop to use? If so, I've got some shit for you to install
    Don't tell anyone, but I have a feeling Heavy is going to scrub the first couple of attempts. That isn't to say I don't think the flight is going to be a success, but I don't think everything is going to go as planned on the first attempt. So unless you really enjoy the 80's vibe of Cocoa Beach, I'd wait for a regular commercial flight if you're going to head down to the Cape for a launch.

7. I still have to request one which I’m
    going to do this week. I’m hoping I can get one of the “bigger” ones to run team center because the “smaller” ones won’t run it.

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Yea I have the profile on my personal phone too. Word to the wise, turn off all email notifications so you aren't bombarded with emails at all hours of the night. Changed my life when I realized I could do that :crackup:

9. My boss was like “turn all the push notifications off now, I don’t need you getting burnt out in a month”. :crackup:

10. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

The launch last night was AWESOME! We were on the east side of Orlando and just happened to look out of the garage as the rocket cleared the trees. Watched separation with the naked eye and saw the vehicle for about 15 after that too. Another instance of luck was looking east as on of the stages lit off on decent. We could hear the rumble also which was cool as shite! I don't know if they recovered all the stages as planned. We heard sonic booms after we saw the one stage land.

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

FULL PULL!

12. Fuck, that was cool.

13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Today was a good day...

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Watched the video of static fire of all 27 engines today on the pad, looking forward to the Falcon Heavy launch

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That was impressive!

16. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

Any idea on when the launch will be now that the test fire went well?

17. Feb is the goal we’ll see though. We scrubbed this static fire a bunch of times for numerous reasons.

18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

So is NASA still doing space stuff or did spaceX basically take over the facilities at cape canaveral? Just curious because I was there when I was a kid and watched the big ass river thjng take the space shuttle to the launchpad one day and was in awe.

Since then I haven’t had much interest in NASA stuff but just saw this was launching at their facility. I know they recently retired the one shuttle.

Sorry if a stupid question.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Like you know what is going on there...:moon::D

20. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

I've been checking in on progress over the past couple weeks. Not surprising that the test got called off a few times, it's to be expected. I read today that the launch could take place "in a week or so", so I hope to see it soon. I'm rooting for you guys to pull it off. I'll be starting with Orbital ATK in a few months, so any publicity that the space industry can get, the better for all of us!