1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad news

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeSignalRT, Nov 24, 2017.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Agreed, on all parts.

2. Ken Gresham

Ken Gresham Active Member

I just can't believe this. My wife Laura just texted this information to me this afternoon. Ran with him on the track for many years. Both of his kids came to Childrens Ministry for years. Wow this is hard to accept. I will miss knowing that Yo will be at the track. He was always willing to help and always had a great smile no matter the circumstances. We all need to keep the family in our prayers. He was a great guy and friend.
    Ken and Laura Gresham

SmokeSignalRT and Metalhead like this.
  3. I’m on or off, I’m a director and deal with Asian customers a lot so that’s suit and tie. Since I work crazy hours when I’m actually home it’s unshaven sitting in my undies on the deck working. I feel just as comfortable in a suit and tie as I do in shorts and a t shirt, minus the flip flops, I wish I could wear those to the office.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So have I.
    Hat (2016_09_19 18_48_47 UTC).jpg

Metalhead and Shenanigans like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Given where you live and what you did growing up you sure as hell better have been wearing one :D

panthercity likes this.
  6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Thay make piss-poor crash helmets though...
    BarebackS (2016_09_19 18_48_47 UTC).jpg

GixxerBlade, joec, Metalhead and 3 others like this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Truth. Still amazed at how many bronc/bull riders won't wear helmets :(

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

^^^That picture carries some Kesler spirit I think. I'm going to don my hat and run my saw tomorrow in a show of respect to a good man gone too soon.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

10. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I'm in Toccoa now at our other home and my brother Rick is driving up tomorrow. I don't have a cowboy hat but I guess that's okay. If anyone needs anything, let me know.

Metalhead likes this.
  11. Make it stop raining.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

RIP Met you once during our 250 races... :(

13. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Thoughts and prayers for the family and all of you there saying goodbye last night and today. I hope your brotherhood around him brings love to the family and to each other. Celebrate the man and his life. Cheers.

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I know the Yo! spirit will live on with some good folks volunteering to help racers in need at the races in the spirit of Kurt.
    I have many years of racing parts, odds and ends to donate to the cause. If Stickboy or anyone else plans to fly the flag at the SE rounds let me know and I’ll get the stuff to the first round or ship.
    Levers, steering damper, manuals, and other odds and ends. Boxes full. That’s what over 40yrs in racing collects. If you receive any of the more valuable stuff, I would appreciate a small donation to the Red Flag fund (if you can afford to do so).
    Anyone interested? If I didn’t have work Fridays I’d be honored to help myself.
    Let me know. FB works for me.

tiggen and panthercity like this.
  15. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Last night was tough.

Gonna miss you my friend. :(

RIP Kurt, the world lost a good man, great husband/father. Ive never met anyone in my life with the heart that you had.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Where’s the country club?

17. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thank you Preacher Mark!
    That was perfect.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

It was a very well done service. Lots of people with a lot of good things to say about Kurt. Saw a lot of old friends that I haven’t seen in years. Just hate that it was under these circumstances. Still hate thinking about this but just hope Deidre and the kids can move forward. It was very easy to tell though that they have a very large support system in the wera community.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  19. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Wish I could have made the trip. Glad so many of you could be there to remember Kurt.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

was good seeing everyone today for our last walk with Kurt.

Cam Morehead likes this.