1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best value for a 600

Discussion in 'General' started by David.B., Sep 25, 2017.

?

Best value

1. R6

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. ZX6R

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. CBR 600RR

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Nope, I started on a 400, got fast enough on it that I could have qualified for an AMA race on it. Still have it too. :) If you're going to get a 600 get what ever is prepped well within your budget and ride it. With your amount of skill it won't matter which model you pick, they're all better than you right now and in the foreseeable future.

David.B. likes this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Get the smallest bike your ego will let you ride.

5axis, TX Joose and pscook like this.
  3. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Technically they're all better than ALL of us .........

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

this made me laugh, but very true.

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Ducati 848?

Gonna be the hot ticket item here soon.. :beer:

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Whoa Whoa WHOA!!! You're coming to the GNF!?!?!

7. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

My 03 is on rails... and currently has a fast young man on it teaching another younger man how to go faster... Great bikes...

Phl218 and David.B. like this.
  8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Rode an R3 the other day. The suspension had been massaged a bit for the owner (he's 200#). That was a helluva fun bike to ride. Could it be my only bike? Not sure. I would (almost) give my first born to have a few sessions with that bike on the track. It was 'that' fun.

David.B. and Razr like this.
  9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You can pick up that bike, reasonably race prep it and be out the door for a few grand. I wouldn't trade your progeny for that, unless you really don't like them.

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

TL DR friend of Broome's?

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You really arent helping me and the plight of my sv650..........:D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. David.B.

David.B. Active Member

Thanks guys, great feedback all around.

13. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Well yeah... I need my annual "kick dustin's ass" fix and I didn't make the MA round :D

Cam Morehead likes this.
  14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

It's a Date!!!!

Cam Morehead likes this.
  15. KILO-LIBO

KILO-LIBO Member

Bro you are absolutely right, I scratch my head at spending more the 5500 on a track/race bike when I'm just going to maybe do a few races a year at one track and bunch of track days all over. Why throw 11k at a new r6 when it'll probaly cost another 3k in suspension and hindle before you reached what you wanted only to crash it 5 track days into owning a bike?

David.B. likes this.
  16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

It's been left out but a 675R is a great bike and one of the best values for sure.

But you can't beat a SV for what you are wanting to do. Or even a 300

David.B. likes this.
  17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Any 600 or 650 is capable of taking you to the advance group so buy what you like, can afford and feel comfortable on. I would guess based on being in the intermediate group you're still on the steep part of the learning curve. If so, try to avoid bikes with radical power curves, twitchy throttle issues and such.

David.B. likes this.
  18. David.B.

David.B. Active Member

Sooo...... I picked up a clean, low mileage 04 R6 for a song. And signed up for YCRS March 2018.

You can say I listened? :D Thank you all for all the wisdom again. :D

Now if only winters were shorter. :mad:

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If you're mechanically inclined, now's the time to go through that bike top to bottom, front to back, side to side...
    Congrats on your new ride.

Cam Morehead and David.B. like this.
  20. David.B.

David.B. Active Member

Thanks! :)

I like the idea of working on a bike myself, but my circumstances aren't conducive to that just yet (no space). I am however planning to have a few things done on it by professionals over the winter, like dialing in the suspension first and foremost, maybe a quick shifter/map, then gear/school, then the rest.