1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boom: Herrin to Graves SBK

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Sep 3, 2017.

1. If I was Elias, no way I would turn down a Factory ride in WSBK just so I could continue racing in a National series with a 1 on my bike.

Unless he is contracted directly with Suzuki (rather than Yosh) and rides where he is directed.

JBraun likes this.
  2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Who'd replace him? Beach, Gerloff, Debise, Solis, Fong, Schultz. Quite frankly I'm getting tired of watching the same old guys running at the front who are settling for their Domestic rides. Everyone here complains about the lack of talent going overseas, its probably because no one will ever see it with the tenured factory seats and them never getting a chance at competitive machinery. The spots at the top need a shake up.

Skter505 and Metalhead like this.
  3. Nobody is "settling" for anything. If any of them could go to WSBK, I am sure they would.

1. Are they capable of winning?
    2. Do they stay upright most of the time and not destroy bikes?
    3. Do they represent sponsors well?

Those things are what matters. If somebody checks all their boxes, it doesn't make a shit how old they are or how long they have been doing it.

Those boxes need to be checked. It doesn't matter who checks them. If you have someone that you KNOW can check those boxes, then why replace them with someone who *might* can check those boxes?

Hayes has paid his dues and earned that seat. As long as he is capable of winning on a consistent basis, taking his ride away simply to "shake things up" would be ridiculous.

5axis likes this.
  4. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Gerloff

Sabre699, Bruce, Britt and 1 other person like this.
  5. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Think of the children. :D

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Love or hate Herrin he won a championship for Yamaha. Now that said, I still think JH1 was the better rider that year. It's easy to throw stones at Herrin though, but if any one of us won an AMA title, went racing on the world level in a doomed situation, and had to come back to the US....we'd probably not be as graceful as Herrin has been. The whole situation sucked.

The best thing Herrin could do in this fill-in wouldn't be to win necessarily. He just needs to finish in a legitimate mix with Elias,Hayden, Hayes with a clean battle, win or lose, for P1.

turbulence likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've become a huge Beach fan and think he's on the cusp of being ready to get a superbike ride but he needs a more senior rider to lead the team and help him along. I don't think Hayden is that rider, he's a get second rider.

Hayes is a great lead rider. Well spoken, smart and still fast. He is still an asset.

Maybe shop overseas for a rider, it worked with Elias. He was the enema the series needed to get the shit moving again.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Guy gets a fill in ride and these people ready to re-shuffle the entire field.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'll take the beatdown....I hope Herrin goes out and kills it. Gotta go when the opportunity arises. Seems to be a decent kid. Raise some hell young dude.

FZ1guy, cpettit and turbulence like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'd just be interested to see just how much better, if at all, he is on the Graves machinery compared to the Meen stuff.

....and if you'll recall, it wouldn't be his first rodeo in AMA SBK.

[​IMG]

418 and rafa like this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm all for Herrin but I really hope Gerloff gets that opportunity soon. He has earned it. When youre kicking JD's ass youre doing something right.

The whole Hayes conundrum sucks. I dont want him to retire but I do want some of these younger cats to get a shot at it.

bacolmm and Skter505 like this.
  12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I find the dominance on 600 much more boring than the way sbk has been.

hotnail likes this.
  13. Hayes has a lot of value off the track for damn sure. I think Hayes / Beach on superbikes would be great as I think Hayes could really help Beach. If I was looking for riders there is a lot to pick from outside the US. Have to remember the pond is a lot bigger over there so the fish don't look as big.

14. Gonzo523

Gonzo523 Active Member

Toni to WSBK.
    Rog and Lewis teammates at yosh.
    Debise takes M4 1000 seat.
    Hayes and beabuier continue with graves.
    Jiggy dog to satellite graves 1000 sstk team.
    Gerloff to moto2 where he belongs.
    Solis to 2nd bike at broaster with HRC backing.
    And restructure the 600 class.

There. I think I fixed everything! Now who can make this happen? :)

badmoon692008, MachineR1 and rafa like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

HRC backing costs big bucks. They don't take a collective dump in the morning for free.

16. Ya, HRC is a total different planet. Going to be interesting how a few of these seats play out.

17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

As a honda rider myself. Is time for Solis to dump the 600 and get a different bike. I feel like he is better than his results show.

bacolmm, Gonzo523 and Gorilla George like this.
  18. I would like to see...

Elias to Suzuki WSBK.

Hayden and Lewis to Yosh SBK

Cam to Yamaha WSBK

Hayes and Spies to Graves SBK

Graves field a 1000cc STK team with Gerloff and Wyman

On a Privateer bike, running the whole program himself, Kyle has proven he can qualify and race with the Factory bikes on multiple occasions (even led a race at VIR for a while).

IMO he has shown he has serious talent and deserves a shot on a Factory bike. I would love to see what he could do if he could simply show up, and only have to focus on riding.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd like to see Ducati with someone like Barberá or even Byrnes.

Deserves? No one deserves a damn thing. :D

20. That would be great. I'd love to see Shakey come over on the Ducati. But it would be a step backwards for him.

Anyone running in the top 5 in BSB would be hurting themselves by coming to MA.

I think we have a better shot at getting someone who isn't running up front, maybe getting Rispoli or Hopkins back.

bacolmm likes this.