1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Assen | Netherlands | June 23-25, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 19, 2017.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Did JLo get lapped?

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

All three races were great!

Now I need a nap (after F1:D)

3. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

Rossi is clearly a washed up old man who has no desire to win.............

He has been racing his ass off all year, I'm so glad to see him get everything together for a win.

vizsladog, turbulence and wsmc 589 like this.
  4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

GOAT!!

turbulence and noeyes like this.
  5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Crutchlow is maturing very well!

turbulence likes this.
  6. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Dovi
    Mav
    Vale
    Marc

All within 11 points of each other.

Full points HERE

vizsladog and Steeltoe like this.
  7. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

BTW, what happened to Dani? Over 1 minute from the front.

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Ducati should dump Lorenzo for Petrucci and save enough money to field a third rider.

helitech likes this.
  9. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Looking at the people that swapped, it was definitely a "no guts no glory" mentality. All of the riders that did that were riders that were irrelevant at that point in the race.

Miller's wheelies......I've watched his Assen win over and over and his wheelie across the line wass insane. That man pulls the best wheelies out of all of the current racers. There was a video from free practice in Le Mans this year, I believe, where he came out of a corner on one side on one wheel, wheelied the mini straight, and then carried the bike through the next corner all while remaining on one wheel. His man handles that bike like its a little 50cc dirt bike!

10. The Great One

I've mentioned it before, but Lorenzo's prospects are going to be slim after 2018. He better pray that Rossi retires after this contract because it looks like the Suzuki might be the most competitive/suitable bike for him after 2018.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What a great day of racing! All three races were fantastic.
    That was all on Zarco. He gave a long-winded explanation that can be summarized in a couple of words: "I fucked up."
    You almost got me with this. Dick. :crackup:
    As of yesterday, I believe he was saying that the temperatures were out of the range he needed to make the tires work. He had zero chance. That race needed to happen for our five days ago for him to do anything.

12. The Great One

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm a Lorenzo hater, but cmon, the guy has run at the front a couple times already this year. He'll get there, and when he does, he's going to be a force. The fact that he was back in 13-21 in today's race really says more about how the tires are confusing everyone this year, and that across the board, the equipment is very, very good. Especially the satellite Ducatis.

Phl218 and crashman like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Retrucci didn't have any issues with the tires and Rossi seems to have gone okay enough on them. :D

Everyone doesn't seem to be everyone. :D

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Today, yeah. But look at the past races. There have been times when Rossi has been nowhere. Pedrosa was nowhere today.

throwdown likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pedrosa is too small to get anything out of them all weekend. Couldn't get the heat in them to make them work. Today was the day where it was good to be a fattie and not a dwarf. :D

17. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Lorenzo needs to have more than 2-3 good laps per race before he is a force again. He has to completely change his riding style for the Ducati. Dovi and Petrucci are doing complete races at the front.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Re tires. It seems this year when you choose the wrong tire it hurts you real bad. We've seen race leaders on one weekend run in the teens the next weekend.

As far as Rossi vs Petrucci. Second to last lap seems Rossi pulled a 0.4 lead on Petrucci, then they got into traffic. At that point it's just racing. It sucks but it is what it is. I'm sure he wouldn't have said a damn thing if Rossi got held back by traffics and allowed him to catch up.

Overall a really good race. Between the riders pushing hard, tire choices coming into effect halfway through and then rain on top of that. Whoee at one point it was like a moto2 race with all the passing.

19. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

WTF was up with Rins punching Petrucci on the cool down lap?!?!?

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Well...The Great One has spoken. :crackup::crackup: