1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Revin Kevin Rentzell

Discussion in 'General' started by 1FASTLX, Jun 5, 2017.

1. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Great story Sean, thanks.

Rest In Peace Kevin.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sounds like a great guy.
    RIP racer.

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Kevin was a great guy, always willing to help out. One race at Talladega, he was walking through the pits and didn't like how worn out the front tire on my Honda 500 single was looking. The next thing I know he is back with an almost new Michelin that he had tested for a couple of laps at Daytona as he was sponsored by Michelin at the time. I took it over to Walt to get mounted and he noted that it was a test tire. He asked me how much Kevin had charged me and when I told him nothing, he was OK with it. He then said that since Kevin figured I should have a front, he gave me a matching rear as he didn't have any racers on Michelins in the small bike classes.

That is just the kind of guy Kevin was.

G2G, the relic room, mmfoor and 2 others like this.
  4. keithnewton

keithnewton Member

5. 1FASTLX

1FASTLX Member

Thank you for posting that.

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Robert died the second week of Nov, 2015. Funeral was Sat, Nov. 14. Had a nice time talking with Kevin and the rest of his family.

Sure glad I went..

Though we are all unique, Kevin was one hell of a guy. Going to miss him.
    Unfortunately, I'm not in the area and will miss seeing all of you who can make it there to pay your respects. Needs to be an extended 'bench racing' session afterwards, someplace.

Thank you, to the person who made sure to call me, before I read it. Sucked to hear, but a bit less..

7. keithnewton

keithnewton Member

www.grantfuneralservices.net

This is another service for Kevin. It is in Franklin county, Tn. where he called home for the last 15 years before moving back to Chattanooga.

8. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

Great guy, a riot to hang around with, and one hell of a rider to boot. One of my last endurance partners when we road in '86 or so for New Haven Suzuki and it was amazing how differently we got to where we were going. By that I mean if you ever saw Kevin ride, you saw something special whether it was the first lap or the last. I always had to think and study a track to get up to speed but that guy was within a second a lap of every track record out there from the pit out lap on, even when he had never been there.

Seat of the pants skill like few others and more importantly a guy that you just wanted to hang around with... Go get 'em Revvin' Kevin!

9. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, but that video ripped me apart.... What a guy, what a life, what a loss all in one.

Miss you Revvin' Kevin. Ride low...

10. Once a Wanker..

So, who else is going Sunday?
    Donnie 'Front' Rowe, Mitch Swim, Jack Macallister and I are driving up together.

Sure I'll see plenty of y'all.
    Not looking forward to it, on one hand. Glad I can make it, on the other.

Miss you dwelling down here with us Bro.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll be there. Barbara and her family are flying in and staying at the house tonight and going up tomorrow to finalize all the arrangements.

Totally agree on the good and bad of it. It is a funeral for Kevin so it's definitely going to be a lot more laughter than tears. It'll just sucks ass he won't be there to enjoy it all and see everyone. We'll have the pups at home so we won't be able to hang out long.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That reminds me, need to make a post about Hazels service too.

13. Once a Wanker..

I guess we're older, and more 'has beens' than I'd acknowledged..

See you old farts Sunday. I hope and pray, anyway..

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're hoping to get there between noon and one, trying to balance spending time with everyone with the pups being left at home.

Spent some time with his daughter the other night, mini Kevin without the accent :crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bump for anyone interested, we'll be up there in a couple few hours.