1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Revin Kevin Rentzell

Discussion in 'General' started by 1FASTLX, Jun 5, 2017.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Happened at 4 am this morning while driving his dump truck. I was told.

2. Turbo Dog

Turbo Dog Well-Known Member

Revin Kevin. #48. I was a big fan of his before I ever took to the track myself. I bought my first bike from him. A 1993 GSXR 600. It happened to be Steve Patterson's championship winning team hammer suzuki cup bike. Amazing first street bike. Had a few laughs with Kevin in the years following. He lost his love for Road A after the gravity cavity was taken out. Man. Rest in Peace. He was a podium finisher in the Daytona 200 once upon a time.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

By who and where was it exactly? Not that any of that would surprise me but it's been a truly fucked up week and I'd love to find some real information.

4. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

I still haven't found a source other than hearsay. Still looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. Gotten a few texts but no one with firm facts.

6. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

RIP Mr. Rentzell.

Although I only knew of him through RRW (AR maybe back then?), I tried to duplicate his helmet in 1990. Didn't work out, so I just adopted his race number.

Godspeed, rider.

7. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Happened just out side of Chattanooga and heard it from someone very close to him.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I'm hearing it from people who should know for sure but it's really weird. Of course if her were alive he'd have popped up by now.

I'm over this week.

9. Motorman

Motorman Well-Known Member

Sean,I have got the info from a reliable source(not here)....in the proccess of letting a few close to me and other mutual friends and passing on the news... sad day for me and many others for sure.... in shock...sadly the news is probably true...

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Damn. RIP, racer.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Prayers for all.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I've confirmed it enough to believe it and spreading the word as well. Fucking sucks.

13. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace. Revin Kevin Rentzell. GODSPEED. I am almost afraid to check the news it's been so tragic lately. My condolences to his friends and family.

14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Well damn.:(I met him at Tally in 86. I still think he had one of the coolest helmets ever. Godspeed Revin' Kevin.

Hope this is ok. Just got back.o_O

G2G, VFR#52 and Thistle like this.
  15. keithnewton

keithnewton Member

I haven't posted on here in years and I hate that I am now because of this. I've known Kevin for almost 20 years. I am at a loss. He will be missed. He and Victoria were were just about to do some traveling together and I could tell that he was very happy and looking forward to it. My prayers are with his wonderful daughters.

16. john westcott

john westcott Well-Known Member

Spent many a weekend with Kevin, great loss indeed.

17. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

DammmDammmDAMMMM! He was always fun to watch, and I respected the hell out of him.....:(

Godspeed....

18. Heard the name from people talking about riders "back in the day". Guy could ride for sure. Prayers to his family and friends.

19. jimgl3

jimgl3 Well-Known Member

drank a few beers with the man in his garage in Henry County many years ago. VERY modest and down to earth. His dad will talk your ears off about racing. I wonder if he is survived by his father? that always sucks! no man wants to bury his son, you know...

20. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Robert died about a year ago.