1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Le Mans |France |May 19-21, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 15, 2017.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I turned the tv on in the middle of it and it scared me, I thought he might have died over night. Hadn't been online yet, had to get on here quick to calm my fears.

2. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Wow! Rossi pulled a me and topped out the rear suspension.

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

You're smoking some good stuff if you honestly think that MotoGP won't take a hit when Rossi decides to hang up his final set of leathers.
    MotoGP will survive, but him retiring will have a huge impact.

Rebel635, mike574 and BigBird like this.
  4. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the MotoGP viewership will suffer an decline proportionate to the number of Uccio suicides.

418 likes this.
  5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Per Mat Oxley, VR said he was going 1km faster through the corner and lost the rear.

1km.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Great race, bummed for VR, but the old boy still shows he has that fire to try and win (not just settle for points)....once in a while. When Mav got by him after he ran wide, I had a feeling VR was either going to win it, or toss it trying.

Dani has a chance..... What are the odds on the little fella to take the championship?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's for sure. When he was injured, IIRC that attendance was drastically down for those races he missed.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Of course it will have an impact. I just do not think it will be as earth shattering as some of you do. But there is enough fast young talent now that the VR fans that are actual race fans will have good racing and will find someone else to cheer for. IMO, the sport would be better off without the fair weather fans anyhow. Maybe not as profitable but better.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And on to something different:

How do we fix Moto 2?

That race used to be the show of the w/e. It seems that since about when Marquez graduated to MotoGP, those races turned as exciting as your typical F1 race....

Seems to me everything is there to create a show in terms of balanced equipment but it isn't the case....

Maybe with a change of engine next year (or is it the following year?)

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

'19 for the switch over to Triumph. It's gotta make it more interesting. It'll be like having Ducati in Moto2, we get to see which bikes have mechanical issues each race. Lol

Why are there people asking for a time penalty against Maverick.:confused: It was dumb as hell to give one to Rossi and it's even dumber to try and give one to another rider in a different race/circumstance. This isn't F1, let racers race.

Great race by Maverick. He held his nerve. I was not surprised by Zarco, guy has been solid all year. Marc just put a very big uphill climb to his title hopes but it's a long way to go. Speaking of those two, there are only 2-3 points between them right now. Have to give big props to zarco for that.

ROSSI !!!!!! Wow, that was a fantastic ride as I thought he hadn't gotten by Zarco quick enough and the best he was going to do was 2nd. Awesome to see.

Dani, another great ride for the second straight weekend. Some have passed him up as a title favorite but I don't think you can at this point with the form he's showing right now. 13th to 3rd. Great race.

Really glad everyone is ok after that Moto3 incident. Antonelli pulled some Matrix bullet dodging moves out:eek:. Lots of good rides here today and lots of bad luck. What a wild race.

Well, Morbideli is unstoppable. What a drastic change from last year. Last year was chaotic and all over the place while having the speed to run up front for 2/3 of the race. This year it's much more in control and smooth but without loosing the aggressiveness of last year when it's needed this year. Marquez pass in turn 1 :eek:. Remind s me of Stoners pass at Turn 1 laguna. Wow. Peco, really happy for him. He's not too far away from a win I don't think. He gave it all and didn't fall. Very aggressive but mature ride to that 2nd. Rider of the day for me.

11. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I think the Rossi fans will just cling to the Sky VR46 teams and get their fill that way. You know he'll still be around.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Probably ass team owner, but it still wont be the same. Rossi is my favorite by far, and I always hope for him to do well. Of course I'll keep watching every race weekend, but it wont be the same, not really caring who wins. Of course I'll continue to root against a few of the usuals.

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Online viewership might not take too much of a hit but you can bet your arse attendance will.

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Define how it will be better with fewer viewers (if we assume for the moment that it will decrease viewership).

15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Never want to decrease viewership for any reason in this dying sport. We need fair-weather fans. Those are the ones that fill events. You should reconsider your sentiment. Rossi does wonders for this sport and Dorna knows it. It's just as critical for an American to be in the premier class. The problem is we don't have the talent to fill that position. An American kid needs to be bred in Europe young to have a fighting chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbulence likes this.
  16. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

You have a link for this? I didn't see it.

17. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

vr46 overtook mv25 with 3 laps to go and built a gap ,too! Who would've thought that! Mav made a mistake while trying to catch Rossi but it cost him nothing. Rossi's mistakes cost him everything. That's racing.

Will he ever stop amazing us?

banzai132 likes this.
  18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Well I was half right. Just had the wrong Yamaha rider trying too hard and crashing.

19. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

The motogp field is deeper and more competitive than it has ever been. Especially with some really good people graduating from moto2 meat grinder class which makes it exciting with or without VL but my heart sure was racing on those final laps. He just makes it very exciting.

Moto2 went from best racing to snooz fest. I seem to end up taking a nap in between moto3 and motogp.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Simply fantastic race.
    My thoughts:
    1. Mav with 3 wins in first five races = alien.
    2. Dani the assassin.
    3. Zarco, real deal.
    4. MM no longer clearly the best rider out there.

Bring on Mugello.

crashman and flyboy like this.