1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Le Mans |France |May 19-21, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 15, 2017.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rossi setting new track record time 15 laps into this race was pretty impressive.
    Pedrosa!!!

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

It's still all good. If MV has a bad day anyone in the top 5 can take control of the points.
    Fantastic racing!

3. khill

khill Well-Known Member

1) Entry lines - VR did his usual fade in and still nailed the roll speed and exit......until he didn't. You could see it was coming 2-3 turns before he crashed.

2) Zarco calming down having excellent bike placement. This is his next step, as only from this can you use the brakes and throttle more precisely. Notice how Rossi made up time on entry speed.

3) MV simply being precise - until - Rossi passed him....then he rushed direction, refocused, made it back up, then rushed again.

Overall, I watch entry bike placement, where their slowest point of the corner is, when/how it the bike is picked up on the exit as well as when/how they are taking weight off their hands.

Ken

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Care to say why?

5. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

You mean other than losing to his teammate?

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

[​IMG]

The ride of shame to the pits. Muah ah ah aaah... happened right in front of me. Will have to watch replay to see Rossi crash. Motogp says Rossi fans 30%? More like 50%. Zarco crowd was much smaller than I was expecting noise-wise. Still was great vibe. Dam Rossi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vizsladog and BigBird like this.
  7. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

looks like the tires are still crappy. need to bring back the bstone tires

vizsladog and throwdown like this.
  8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Setting multiple track records toward the end of a race = crappy tires?

jd96, 03RumbleBee, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

And then MV set the track record on the last lap. It was a great battle, but I'm still upset.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

BTW I'll send my $50 to the air fence fund...Zarco podium at his house...counts as a double

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'm with Stupid and Razr like this.
  11. throwdown

New surface

vizsladog likes this.
  12. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

If that were the only reason you'd expect a record early to mid race. Only combined with good tires is gonna allow that to happen at the end. If they're as crap as you're saying the time would've slowed at the end.

13. throwdown

Disagree cuz they had no dry track time, had they the lap records would have been earlier. The riders are saying they don't like the front. How many crazy fast front end tucks have there been? Alot. Ask Jack Miller.

vizsladog likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

History is not on your side here. I think the only team mate he did not have a pissing contest with was Edwards.

throwdown likes this.
  15. throwdown

Exactly, cuz Edwards wasn't a threat. It's the only reason they got along

TSWebster likes this.
  16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Hayden at Ducati.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Someone should splice the GOAT's post crash camera from last year's Assen and this race.

Same gut-wrenching moments...

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thanks. I forgot about the Ducati years. He managed to get along with the nicest guy in GP's too...:D

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And every other teammate he's had has been a dour-faced twat with a personality like a dogshit sandwich. :moon:

JHenley17 likes this.
  20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

anyone remember when they penalized rossi 0.4 seconds for running through the chicane and "gaining an advantage" when he didn't pass anyone.

did they do the same to maverick? just wondering.