1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IF traffic could not be bad enought in Atlanta.... it just got worse

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Mar 30, 2017.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

"old car city" ??

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yup. Sad and magic at the same time. 36 a , 4000 vehicles. Newer ones from the 70s. FIL saw it on German tv.

http://oldcarcityusa.com/

Ran 85/285/75

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

285 is really worse on weekends - there is no ebb and flow as the mommies are all out shopping all day long with no need to get the kids to and from school and the daddies are all out and about heading to Home Depot being he men.

Middle of a weekday is much better :D

kjohnson and Phl218 like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As much as it'll add more traffic to my area - look at jumping off at Road Atlanta and running cross country on either 53 or take 369 down to Hwy 20 and over if you've got to just get from 85 to 75.

BHP41 and Phl218 like this.
  5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, looks like I'll have to pay off my airfence bet. :D

I said less than 45 days - granted that was talking about replacing one section not the 6 or 7 they are replacing but I didn't state that in the bet.

V5 Racer likes this.
  7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Nice back-pedaling. :p

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope - no backpedaling at all - I'll pay up on day 46 (well, soon after, dunno if I'll remember on the day itself).

9. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Somone will remind you.

10. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

All those people that have been trying to make a decision whether they should move to Atlanta or move out of Atlanta....these incidences are answering those questions for you. We are full, the roads can't handle it and yes you should leave or no you should not move here.

The connector was shut down this morning because of a tractor trailer crash that spilled toxic chemicals. So glad I don't go near that part of town.

Slider82 likes this.
  13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I drove past the collapse yesterday going North on the Access Road... I saw 4 Trucks with new Beams waiting to be unloaded... Once up 400 I saw 2 More En route.... I guess the DOT does show some energy when Bonuses are offered for early completion... They should have tried that shit 15 Years ago when expanding 400..

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yeah, but is the work going to be good? I'm a little nervous about such a rush job.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I'm nervous about anything the GDOT does....

17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I've been saying this same thing about Nashville for a little while now too. I-24 is like a Destruction Derby - at least one car flips daily, I-440 looks like the bridge at the end of Escape from New York, and there's been construction on I-65 just about since I was born. :D

Paige likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

V5 Racer likes this.
  19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No way, that had that tollbooth gravy train to milk.

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Wow, sucks for all of us trying to get to Tally from SC or I guess east coast. I've been meaning to find a route around Atlanta anyway. Jebus, what is going on in the ATL.