1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Apr 6, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A large part of the population in Damascus is still loyal to him. Of course, it probably helps that he's not chemical weapons close to his own home.

2. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Precisely

3. ringdingding

Nor is Trump

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let me know when Trump starts dropping sarin on his domestic detractors. :rolleyes:

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, he sent Spicer, didn't he?....

Newsshooter and SnacktimeKC like this.
  6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No dude, it was Ivan that promised the world Assad would send his cache of chemical weapons to the rodina. That information probably came from the Russian Ministry of Propaganda. The totally credible Susan Rice said so.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Well, maybe they didn't get rid of every last bit of their chemical weapons, but at least we can be sure Iran isn't working on nuclear weapons. They pull-pinky promised us they wouldn't.

8. ringdingding

Was it really Sarin gas?

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Head to Syria and let me know what you find out. :rolleyes:

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wrong. It was me who negotiated the removal of all chemical weapons.

[​IMG]

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Tillerson is saying this morning that there will be no further attacks, and there are no plans to mess with Assad any more than what we have. Meanwhile, of course, McCain and Graham are foaming at the mouth to get a pile of troops in there and resume bombing.
    I'm still up in the air over whether or not Trump should have done it in the first place, but at least he isn't showing some new willingness to go into Syria and kick ass.
    The Russians aren't showing any signs that they're particularly peeved. Now they know where the line is.
    The Chinese seem to be fine with it all.
    Iran probably learned something, tough to tell with that crowd.
    This is another Trump move that could turn out to be stupid or brilliant.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Seems like Tillerson has indicated that we have proof the Ruskies knew about the gas attack. While it seems quite likely, proof is another thing. What then? If the Russians leave and take Assad with them that place will implode even worse than it is now. I don't see any hope for the positive future of Syria. Divide it up between Turkey, Jordan, Iraq and Israel a'la WWI reconstruction?

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

So far the only leader that seems to be riled up over Trump's Syrian action is our cute little fat guy leading N. Korea especially since some of the media is hinting that Kim may be next to feel some military pressure. The mighty Carl Vincent is headed into those waters with their carrier group so anything might happen. I've been a bit concerned with N. Korea for a long time and we may see something start there before it's all over. Mark my word, N. Korea is a live hand grenade and has been for the past few decades and it's getting worst. :eek:

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Maybe Dennis Rodman is on that cruise...he's our only hope! :D

15. toybm

toybm Active Member

Division was the goal all along. Destabalisation of yet another ME country and oh let's not forget that oil pipeline.

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Trump seems to be creating ME enemies just like all his predecessors. I guess either the neocons got to him or he is a hypocrite. Want to guess which one?

No more wars and no more windfalls for the military industrial complex. Enough is enough.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just dump all your United stock for Raytheon and STFU. :D

18. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Two questions:
    Is Syria's central bank a private bank like the US Fed or is it state owned?

Is Syria trading oil using the US Dollar or, are they using or threatened to use another currency?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

According to UN inspectors they didn't have any to drop?

Thoughts?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I seriously don't know why we ever messed with things over there. The ONLY way those countries are able to exist with any sort of semblance of stability is under the rule of an iron-fisted dictator.

ringdingding likes this.