1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're not going to do all of them. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do a couple if they are not too far.
    But I get that history means nothing to you. To each their own. :D

p.s. I was talking about the regular CCS shit. Not mounting a full-on 200 effort.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And wait, what?! Did you just put Miller and Portimao on the list of race tracks that are part of history? Jesus, man, I remember when they opened!

scottn and flyboy like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, he has the memory of a gawd damn gold fish. Just smile and wave, man.

flyboy, 418 and Steeltoe like this.
  4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Daytona is not difficult at all. It's a quick learn. Shit, I did it in a car.

Barber is much worse to unravel.

5. pdt155

pdt155 Active Member

Wow, I had no idea that much went into it. That is quite a lot of background work. Thanks for the explanation!

5axis and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

When it's done right, the stuff just magically appears on whatever device and connection you have - phone, laptop, tablet, or bigscreen TV.
    Do it wrong, and everybody complains.

MELK-MAN, pdt155, 5axis and 1 other person like this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's not magic, just showbiz.

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Man, Slick is lighting up CCS on fb. West says he's gonna appeal. This could get interesting.

9. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Positive. Wasn't a leg dangle. Just holding it along side the bike the whole time I could see him coming out of 1 through T4.

10. Haha. No, I was going with the "bucket list" theme...not the "historical" theme.

Those are tracks that are my favorite and if I was going to make a bucket list of tracks, Assen and Portimao would be on it.

11. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

What are the digs on CCS?

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I can't link it because I am on my phone but he said CCS wasn't applying rules fairly and that they need to "get their shit together."

13. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

When Knapp was coaching me his right foot peg was loose and upside-down. He is a different dude, I am grinding the crap out of mine in corner entrance for feel. He has a different feel than most!

14. Lavana

Lavana The coming

let's see where this goes...

It's all politics.

sdiver likes this.
  15. What is he lighting up CCS about? I mean he won, right?

What grounds does West have for an appeal? If the airbox was illegal, then it was illegal.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Eslick was insinuating that there were other rule violations that weren't enforced.
    Plus other things during the race too probably the amount of red flags.

badmoon692008 and TurboBlew like this.
  18. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

It is more like a 'Fuck it' list. If I have the time and enjoy it, why not travel to experience some of the other 'flavors' ? Buttonwillow is the last one I have not done in the west, and is 'on' for this year.
    Thinking of a 'summer tour' for next year. The first stop (to harass a 'used to race') will be OK City (Hallet). COTA is the next POI, then then head east to Barber (and the museum). Nashville for music/friends/family. NJMP, VIR or Indy (anybody got any info on track days there?) and Road America. The return loop could include CO (High Plains), OR (ORP), and 'The Ridge'. The work will be in the scheduling.
    As for over seas tracks: Fastrack riders has put on a Euro trip to Valencia, Jerez and (Misano?) last year. This year it is Valencia and Jerez. They are definitely on the 'list' as well.

19. I would love to do something like that.

I was coaching in Advanced at Road Atlanta back in 2009 and there was a guy riding in Adv who was in the middle if a nation wide track day trip. He was in his late 50's and retired.

He was riding a GSX-R750 that has aftermarket saddlebags on it. In the bags he kept duct tape, zip ties, some tools, etc. Plus some tennis shoes and a couple if changes of clothes.

The he had a big tail bag that he kept his leather suit in and some spare gloves. He wore his chest and back protector all the time (and obviously his helmet).

He would ride to the track, then use the tools etc to prep his bike for the track day. At the end of the weekend he would get back on the road and travel somewhere else (after Road Atlanta he was heading north to VIR, then up to Michigan after that).

When he arrived at the track, he would install new tires. He would use those for the weekend, then for his trip to the next track. Rinse and repeat.

He said after every 3 weekends he would stop at a dealership along the way for an oil and filter change.

After Michigan, he was heading out west. His trip was going to take something like 6-7 months, and he would ride 20 different tracks.

I thought that was cool as shit. Obviously there is a risk involved in traveling alone and riding your only means of transportation to the track. But still, it was really cool.

The guy didn't have anything else with him, so I let him stay under my canopy and gave him a chair and stuff like that.

He wasn't just "joy riding" either. He was riding in Advanced and got around the track at a good clip.

20. corywest13

corywest13 Member

I'd like to know how you would've done my job better. My "rookie" ears are dying to know your expert opinion.