1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA racers/Jennings/ Trackdays/ Oiled Track/Man vs Woman fight club/Facebook

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Feb 27, 2017.

1. This is how it's done. Good on ya

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wouldn't have guessed that you were a Seinfeld fan. :D

JJJerry and V5 Racer like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I can't spare a square. Seinfeld rules. :D

G2G likes this.
  4. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Heather actually came on here and apologized with contrition and told her side of the story in a pretty respectful manner. You guys giving her grief are jerks, at best. I don't know Heather and I don't know John, but it seems "he started it" with a misguided FB post.

I agree with Broome - this stuff on FB in public doesn't do our sport's reputation any good.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One of many who had their paid for on track time cut short. Yeah, stuff happens, and no one got hurt, but I understand getting pissed for losing an hour because of something stupid like that.

cav115 likes this.
  6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

[QUOTE="HPPT, post: 5040818, member: 1617

That is beyond stupid, man.[/QUOTE]

Yea it was pretty weak looking back. Was supposed to be a play on her swing she would have cleaned the whole track herself.

Came out shitty.

I'll do better in the future:)

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You have waaaaaay to much free time.

MELK-MAN and jpratt847 like this.
  8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Ok....not much here to look at really.
    I didn't know who 'john' was when i started reading but figured it out. We talked at the riders' meeting, talked in my pits about the Aprilia, seems good enough.

I don't know how girl couldn't hear the call for volunteers over the speakers several times, John driving up and down the pits several times yelling to grab a broom, let's go, sooner we clean it up, etc...I and several others around me immediately went out with leathers zipped up and grabbed brooms.
    Had to be at least 30 people out there. Those little ladies that work Jennings would still be there trying to clean it up.

I'm pretty sure Heather was pitted under some trees and pretty close to T12, behind the tire shed. That's the best area to SEE T7-T13. And the tractor driving right by her pit and blowing all that oil dry dust didn't get her attention? She didn't ask herself, "gee, i wonder where all the oil went. Maybe it's on the track, hope they're cleaning it up real good."

That is just very hard to believe. The track is down over an hour...she didn't start to wonder or ask why she hasn't heard any motorcycle engines or any lst/2nd/3rd calls? Was she able to hear them call her for her lst session?

It was definitely a bad start to a beautiful weekend. The end of Saturday ended with the Ape losing a cylinder, and then the next session was a helicopter ride for a downed rider in T2 (CCW). So Sunday morning, i missed the lst session due to working on the Ape although i had another race bike with me, and then the oil spill. I missed like 4 sessions in a row. Woe is me. lol.

Then a collisioin in T13 when rider hit false neutral and we clapped our bodies and bikes together HARD. Then a guy lost his shifter side peg going into T1 and had to make emergency maneuver to sweep arouund the outside...don't know how i made that one stick.,....and finally a big collison/crash in T4 at the end of the day. I packed up and came home a day early. After all, the ex was here dog sitting while i was gone. :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  10. splyn

splyn Well-Known Member

We have all done stoopid shit and seem to have lived to tell (or hear) about it. I for one forgot to tighten my rear axle after a tire change (VIR). Thankfully the rider behind me saw the nut and spacer pass me (im kinda slow) and flag me into the pits. by the time i got the bike stopped the axle had worked its way out about 2 inches. my point is that in the rush to get on track, excitement about the day, etc. things can easily get overlooked. It is usually with experience that we cultivate a regimen of checks to keep some of the more stoopid at bay. thats one of the points of safety wire; even if you forgot to tighten the bolt, its not going anywhere.

and to the lubricator, i understand that you are new to riding at these events and there does seem to be a hierarchy of stoopid that can get tensions flared. People pay bags of their hard earned money to ride at track days, so when something happens that causes a delay, tensions get flared. some delays are unavoidable (arguably) like crashes, but negligence will always invite the ire of your fellow riders.

live and learn. and safety wire.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think it's just odd that a guy post up a rant on Facebook about the incident only to have the girl he is ranting about come to his pits and confront him about said FB rant. Who has time for Facebook while at the track anyway.

So are they friends on Facebook?

BHP41, turbulence and badmoon692008 like this.
  12. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

To me it sounds like she saved you an hour of hitting other riders at a track day at a track

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Yep, I've helped a few times over the years. Gets us back out on track sooner. Note: I didn't leak oil on track any of those times. :D

Sabre699 and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. gapman789

For the record, 2 wks ago, an 'expert' dumped, what looked like, his whole load while getting his wrist band checked out, then proceeded to pit out and and all the way around to T5/6 when another rider behind him got his attention and off the track.

SpeedyTide likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, nobody is that ticklish.

scottn, turbulence, Johnny B and 4 others like this.
  16. gapman789

Somebody had issues with that seller didn't they? He go called out somewhere.
    Anyway, I got it fixed. I had a thermo-laser-gun thingy, and shot each header coming out of the engine. 300, 300, 300, 150. Front right cylinder dead.
    Went to Oreillys saturday night, got plugs. Sunday morning, looking at all connections, wires rubbing, etc...and sure as shit, bare spot on a wire on the harness for that coil/plug. Looked like it was pinched between the airbox and a valve cover bolt. A piece of rubber tubing and electrical tape and good to go.
    Luckily i had just bought that thermo gun the day before and brought it.

dobr24 likes this.
  17. gapman789

:crackup:

18. That is awesome, you have GOT to tell us where and who checked out his wristband!

:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

John Cook..... what did she do to "you" for you to call her a bitch? Or, did you not?

Phl218 likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wow Jennings now needs some kinda bench mark for "Assholes"...

104 db
    Level 2 asshole limit (bell curved to 11) :D

Phl218 likes this.