1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any one actually READ the "Muslim Ban"?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Both of those things were sound decisions.

War is Hell.

2. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

Exactly. Simply having a door with a lock is basically the equivalent of a border wall. Sure people can break in through the windows or cut a hole in the roof but you need to have the basics covered first. Then you can allocate your very limited assets to covering other areas of weakness. We've gone far too long without a front door to the south.

3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Hush, no one wants to remember that... they might figure out a beloved Democrat did that.

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Not.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just cuz - descent....

Ain't nothing around here decent :D

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I never get that one right. :D

7. Venom51

Everyone talks about this place like we have always be somehow more righteous than other countries but their has been some pretty horrific shit go down right on this soil.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Three words:

Honey Boo Boo

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It took me a while, all I knew is it just looked funny.

10. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

First, I do have locks on my doors, but they've never been used. No fence. I live in a nice part of the country though - I realize this.

Secondly, I really can't understand this analogy. Your house is your personal property. You've earned that, you've purchased it, nobody should be allowed to enter it without your consent. The United States is not anyone's personal property. It's the property of society. I would like to live in an open and inviting society - not an exclusive one. That's just my desire - maybe you'd like to live locked up and closed off from the world. Seems to be working for North Korea.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one is locking the doors and keeping everyone out. Just keeping it so people have to come through the door and say hey on their way in.

Fencer and dtalbott like this.
  12. Venom51

Do you really want me to tear apart that asinine response. Of course the United States is someone's property. It is the property of the legal US citizen's. We are all part owners and we have been willing to subdivide that even to people who were not born here. If you filled out the paper work and went through the immigration process legally we are more than happy to welcome you to your partial ownership. Hell we'll even go as afar as to take some of our currency in trade for the illusion that you exclusively own a small portion of it until you die. Now simply because you live in a location that is not likely to see someone walk through your unlocked door unannounced and without your permission does not in anyway indicate that you should not have the ability to do so. You make a choice to not lock the door but I suspect if someone stomped into your house and walked out with your TV that you would react to that by locking the fucking door.

All anyone is saying is control the flow into and out of the country. We are not saying that no one is welcome.

XFBO likes this.
  13. VintageWannabe

My understanding is that we've recently shut the door in the face of a bunch of people.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And so fucking what?

Is anyone welcome to come into your house, stay as long as they like, eat your food, shit on your carpet, rape your daughter, kill your dog, and tell you to get fucked when you finally have enough and whimperingly ask him to leave?

XFBO likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How do YOU respond to the Jehovah's Witnesses?

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  16. VintageWannabe

If he wanted to get a job in my community, and purchase a house next to mine? He'd be a welcome neighbor.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have indeed. Their buddies are total douchebags who trashed our house and yard last time we let them come hang out. So until they get their friends under control or we find out exactly which ones are going to be puking in the potted plants and breaking the sink off the wall in the bathroom and spray painting the side of the garage while shitting in the rhododendrons we're not inviting them over. Not like the party has been cancelled, we're just being more selective on the invites for now.

Rebel635 and Fencer like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Great, so you're fine with them as long as they're in Canada or Mexico. Because this analogy would be them in your living room proselytizing all day every day. Or in your bedroom watching the wife get dressed in the morning...

19. VintageWannabe

You mean, their neighbors and church congregation? We've shut out whole communities of people, because of the actions of a very small few. The people who've been sent home aren't buddies with the ones causing problems.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now you're changing things - I'm talking about the analogy of your home. You know this group all hangs together (i.e. from the same country), you know some of them trashed your house, beat up your friends, have made threats against you. You don't know which ones for sure so you don't let any of them in your house until you know for sure which ones did bad things and which are cool. The cools ones get to come in later on. Just not right now because you know your invitation process kind of sucks.

But basically yeah, locking out a bunch because of the actions of a few. The bunch now has more reason to get the few under control. In the meantime, there 180 plus other groups of people we know are invited to the shindig.

XFBO and Fencer like this.