1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any one actually READ the "Muslim Ban"?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Fencer, Jan 30, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When they come to my door, I politely close it. Getting a job and buying a house isn't exactly analogous to illegally entering a country, but thanks for trying. If you want to move to Mexico, they actually expect you to follow their laws.

2. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I fixed it for you.

I'm fine with temporary travel restrictions while we figure out a better system of vetting people and doling out visas.

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Don't correct the statement like that. When you tell the truth there is far less reason for the panty bunching, hand wringing and other emotional bullshit. If you take the emotional argument away from them they have nothing and feel sad.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

None of them were sent home.

Got any more?

5. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

I may have jumped in here a couple pages ago, read the post title, and thought we were talking about Muslims. Pretty sure we did send them home.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, tons of them still here. Tons still coming legally every day. More than 75 million people visit here every year. Last I read a little over 700 had been turned away.

7. pickled egg

Being wrong is habit forming.

8. VintageWannabe

That sounds made-up, like everything else you say.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Muslin habits?

Old school but nothing wrong with that :D

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I feel like I need to request a song....

11. pickled egg

Feel free to prove me wrong. I'll wait.

12. pickled egg

May I recommend "Fuck You" by Overkill?

13. VintageWannabe

Burden of proof is on you, bud. Don't you know how this works?

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

They were not admitted in to the US. "Sent home" implies that they were here and then booted out. If you do not cross that line at immigration you are not really here yet.

15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Cite please. I'd like to know where you've read that we sent people packing.

16. BHP41

Is this what he's talking about? LOL.

We detained people that needed to be looked into further. All were released. Those were the ones that were in flight when the order was signed.

To those that were about to board or on the plane. They were pulled or denied permission to board and never made the flights. Not sure where the confusion is or how he is getting "sent home" from that.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From the media (CNN for sure) that is posting lies about people being sent back.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Maybe I'm just stupid but when I have a desire to know if something someone said is true or not I don't often wait for them to do the research for me.

Lowside, Fencer and BHP41 like this.
  19. VintageWannabe

Alright. Denied entry. It still makes the same argument.

20. BHP41

What is it that you're trying to say? That we have "shut the door", yes we have. For 120 days while we review the process that allows people from those 7 named in the EO to come into the country. BTW, Tehran just launched another missile today violating the Iran agreement. Wonder why they're on the list. ;)