Women's March

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Small companies (less than 50 in a 75-mile radius), sure. Again ... FMLA is very black & white. Even the forms are published by the DOL to keep it all completely compliant/consistent. There just isn't wiggle room in the law. Now, companies can always choose to do more, and many do as a recruiting/retention point, but that isn't FMLA making things unequal as he originally contended. That's been my point all along, but he continues to argue things that are unrelated to HIS original statement.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

There are some areas where women do get screwed over.
    Dry cleaning costs are higher.
    Haircuts cost a shit load more.
    Clothing is more expensive.
    Personal care products cost more than men's versions.
    These are all petty mild.

There are some areas that are way more concerning and deserve a better understanding. Women generally pay more for a mortgage and a car loan. It gets chocked up to less developed negotiation skills. If that is the case, fine. Lets teach girls to negotiate.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The problem is it's LAWSUITS. They don't mean anything at all other than someone got pissed/bored/whiny and sued.

Nothing to think about. For all your pretense of wanting better for your female relations the truth is you support and feed off the male biased teat :D

pickled egg likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dry cleaning is the same if they wear clothes that are simpler.
    Same for haircuts.
    Same for clothing.
    Womens pit stop cost the same per ounce last I looked. Same for shampoo and soap.

They're mild because if you compare the same products there is no upcharge. When you CHOOSE to buy more expensive stuff well, that's on you.

Funkm05 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I demand equal rights!

I just fed my two chillrins while the estrogen carrier went off to play in shiny red trucks with the boys and their hoses. :Poke:

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And every boys hose's is bigger than yours....

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Ok. You win. I chose aspects that aren't spelled out under the letter of the law.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hose's what?

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Here's what we agree on: there are absolutely aspects of various workplace policies that are advantageous to women. However, ironically, most of those "advantages" come in the area of granting time away from work. That time away is then often used as justification for paying them less than male counterparts. The real catch-22 then comes in the fact that those same policies also generally help attract women to that workplace in the first place.

But ... it's the workplace policies creating inequality, not the laws.

10. Racerrick

Racerrick Member

Did anyone see the mess these carrying beaotches left behind on the streets. Glad it's over.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I would bet a buck or two that many, if not most, of those women marchers would have rather had Madonna, along with a few of the other loudmouthed celebs, stay away and not put a bad smear on the event. Madonna is now, and has long been, a shrill bitch that needs to buy some talent from the corner store. She's just a vulgar person that doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

As a guy who wears a suit daily, women's clothing is NOT more expensive in my world. Men's suits are 2-3 times as expensive.

Plus I can ONLY wear a suit. My female counterparts wear dresses and even slacks with a sweater pretty routinely.

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

So, what did I learn from all this?

Bitches be trippin'!!

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Ashley Judd as well. I didn't know that cunt had "spoken" at that littering rally for mindless idiots. Then I heard bits of her "speech" today. Holy shit, she is one fucked up individual. Yet the mindless drones at that event cheered at every word these b-list celebs had to say.

15. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Have seen some L.D.H. In my life. Huuuuuuuge!

16. CausticYarn

I suppose I should word it differently - in Minnesota, feminine products are deemed a necessity and arent taxed - neither is clothing or food or medicine because people require them to live - most other states tax it as if it were a luxury that can be lived without. You try telling a 12 year old girl that she doesn't need a tampon to live and go to school.

Yuck. Just saying :)

17. CausticYarn

Yep, see my reply to Mongo - I saw it first.

ETA: I am neither agreeing or disagreeing - just stating it how others see it.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Crazy as a shit house rat.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Funny she wasn't out there supporting all those women she said she would support if she was elected.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner