1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pipeline Stopped

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not weakness. It's acknowledging history, it's respecting a tribe and their history, it's understanding that the history of your tribe (in this case the Army and those giving the orders) wasn't good. Nothing weak about it. It's different than reparations or the like. It's giving respect to people not a handout. Nothing weak in admitting your predecessors did wrong.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I agree that there is nothing weak about admitting that people before you did wrong. I don't think there would be anything wrong with pledging to do everything in your power to ensure that something like that never happens again either. But it would be a cold day in hell that I would bow, scrape and apologize for something I did not do. The whole apology for stuff you did not do thing just seems patronizing and somewhat pathetic.

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you would set up a recurring monthly payment into my checking account, it would help atone for the whole Justin Bieber thing. Canada must pay for its crimes against humanity.

Funkm05, cpettit and R Acree like this.
  4. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I am at your command. I stand ready, 200 miles south of the birthplace of said mongrel, to bring this fight to them if they don't comply.

I will stop every Camaro with snow tires on steel wheels with the plastic frost free window ports and extension cords on the grille coming into the country, and exact the appropriate toll by cutting all their duty free cigarettes to 2/3d's length.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

My direct ancestors owned hundreds and hundreds of slaves. I have the paperwork (often, humans sold for less than a good horse).

I wont be apologizing or writing any checks.

However, if it makes these cats feel better about themselves, then who am I to complain?

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

and nickleback, don't forget nickleback.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

One of my ancestors in KY burned a whole church full of KKK members while they had a meeting in the 1800's. I wont be apologizing for that either.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

That should actually be a point of pride for you. It would be for me.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

While I agree with you in that there is nothing that you, I, or anyone else, should do to pay for someone elses sins of long ago I would sure like to see the Native Americans, or any other race for that matter, not be kicked around and cheated anymore. Sometimes it seems that we stand up and recognize that they were mistreated and the next week we screw them again.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Interestingly that movie was loosely based on a real person named Curly, who was an Army scout from the Crow tribe. Curly was a lucky sob because of the fact that he was fired the morning of Little Big Horn, left the Army camp and watched most of the battle from a nearby ridge. He's considered the only survivor. In later years he stretched the hell out of the truth by relating stories of how he fought in the battle, then covered himself in a buffalo robe making him appear to be Shoshone so he could escape.

In fact, most of the stories in the movie are based on actual events. One thing that they did is reverse the time of two battles that were depicted. Sand Hill massacre and, if I remember right, Battle of Little Big Horn were reversed.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is that you grandfather?

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Even in little wars it s still a benefit. Currently the OPEC thugs are struggling as their extortion racket dried up when other sources became available. Now all the money they blew on corruption (Mexico), buying power (Venezuela), and supporting terrorism (Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc) is getting harder to come by as the market is not theirs.

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Fonda Dix likes this.
  14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Curly was my lying no good son. He claimed to be Shoshone when all the time he knew he was a Modoc. :beer:

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He was not a Human Being.

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

General Wesley Clark's son Wesley Jr was one of the ones there, Jr is an Army vet. I hope Dad disowns him or at least removes him from his will.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Whut wuz he?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Rewatch Little Big Man

19. joec

joec brace yourself

Dave?

20. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Ha!, maybe, do I know you?