Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. wanderlust

wanderlust Well-Known Member

Eh, I get what you're saying -- but I think I disagree. I'd rather lose by following the rules than win by bending them or exploiting a grey area.

Yes

Cam Morehead, 5axis and r6boater like this.
  2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I agree with following the rules, my point is that if the rules aren't rock solid and people may interpret them differently, Ie FF is this thread, then what?

Filterboy likes this.
  3. wanderlust

wanderlust Well-Known Member

I don't have a dog in the fight per se -- but I think that where it says *No engine modifications allowed* is pretty straight forward...how exactly do you interpret that any other way than NO ENGINE MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED? I feel like it is pretty clear and apparent that there are NO ENGINE MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED.

Again, I don't race FSS, but I can read...and if you're modifying your engine -- that means you're cheating. There isn't really any room for interpretation.

5axis and Gorilla George like this.
  4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Picture of the last little Honda that tried to keep up.

[​IMG]

motoracer1100 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? We have plenty that run the 200 on Saturday and then the Nationals on Sunday since they're so close and on the way home for a lot of riders.

We also have been on St Paddys weekend since I got into racing. The 200 floats around with whatever Bikeweek is doing - which can vary from as early as the first weekend of March to as late as the 2017 date. They keep moving - not us.

We also offered to swap dates with CCS at Roebling so we could move off of the 200 - they refused. So since it has no effect on WERA racers running a WERA race and we've tried to be nice about it, I can't do much more and will run our traditional race on it's traditional weekend.

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It means don't touch it. Using the rulebook to try and make it a gray area won't work.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, have to admit that had me laughing a bit on Friday.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then don't run FSS if you're confused. Oh wait, you don't race anything at this point do you? ;)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, you want to argue as you have no intention of running the class or racing at all. When you do race you run superbike.

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Nik rode the wheels off that bike trying.

cajun636, SmokeSignalRT and sowega like this.
  11. I don't disagree, and that is why I don't race in FSS where the rules specifically state "no engine modifications allowed". :)

And IMO, in keeping with the spirit of the rules, the "gentlemen's agreement", the idea, or whatever else you want to call it, and the originations of the class itself...then yes what those people are doing is wrong. That class was created to get away from that kind of stuff. That class was created so people could race small, stock bikes, and have fun without spending much money.

And the rules have a special clause for FSS that keep things in check by stating no engine modifications are allowed. To me, that is as straightforward as it can be. It means don't mess with it. If you have to make repairs and replace something, then use OEM parts to do so in order to keep the motor as it was when it left the showroom. It really isn't that hard to understand.

IMO, if somebody wants to tear down their motor and change things in an effort to exploit their interpretation of a grey area in the rulebook to try and gain a performance advantage...then they should race in a different class or on a different bike.

Metalhead, wanderlust and r6boater like this.
  12. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I have that on video. I was at the top of the hill.

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Can you post it up or a link? I'd like to see it.

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Obviously, look at the picture. :D

BigBird and V5 Racer like this.
  15. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

The copyrighted one?

16. sowega

sowega #710

I have a like to a Youtube video, but I don't want to incur the wrath of any midgets. . .

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's a race it's cool - per the rules oddly enough...

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  18. sowega

sowega #710

Right around the 2:10 mark

SuddenBraking and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Imagine how much watchable/cooler that video would have been without that gay arse music assaulting the ears :(

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. So is it gray or grey?

I think about that every time I see or type that word. Which is the correct spelling for the color?

418 likes this.