1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2016 | Czech Republic| Brno | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Getting one's ass kicked can lead to maturation.

But to say that Marquez and Rossi are the same. . . I just can't agree with that. There is no more publicly fragile ego than Rossi's.

Yeah, at that level the riders are focused on winning, but young Marquez and his brilliant on-the-edge riding style are a real threat to Rossi's championship dreams. . . and his ego as well. The kid is a real phenomenon, and although he may never have the ability to challenge Agostini's record number of world championships, he is the next best thing since Rossi.

BigBird likes this.
  2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Both egos are huge. Just one is at the end of its career in GP and the other is at the beginning.

Marc is to GP what Rossi was at the same point. In time Marc's will be as fragile when/if he is fighting for his 10th title.

We could go back and forth as I love a good GP conversation and opposing positions so I can see things I may not have thought about. But, honestly. For me. This IS the golden era of GP and I'm very happy to be a fan as long as I have to see it to this point. The rivalries, the races, the fans taking sides. IMO there isn't a better time to be a fan or start to be one. Two of the greats are battling on track against each other. How many times has that happened in GP history.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I don't know men, the 80/90's had some great ones, good battles, and real characters.
    [​IMG]

stk0308 and BHP41 like this.
  4. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Not trying to be sarcastic at all, but are you 25 years old? You've got to be kidding. The Golden Era?

stk0308 and crashman like this.
  5. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Love the helmet colors...

Hawk518 likes this.
  6. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

They prob had some cool races back then but now you don't have to wait till the latest vhs comes in to watch it. It's beamed straight to your phone in HD live. Now that's awesome.

LilBabyGirl and TurboBlew like this.
  7. Lots of the "Golden Age" races were awesome precisely because they weren't viewable unless you were there :)

Hawk518 and R Acree like this.
  8. caferace

caferace No.

Alex Lowes tested the Tech3 M1 today at Brno. Only 15 laps, but ...
    -jim

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

10. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Aaaand he managed to crash it in 15 laps. I guess if you think this might be your only opportunity to show what you got, you go for it.

11. SamG

SamG yellow plate for life!!

That's about 14.999 laps more than it would take me to bin it. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  12. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I had to stay away from this thread....

Has Cal said that if rains every race he will win???

13. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Not sure. He did say he was just playing with them, though.

14. jaybirdka

jaybirdka Well-Known Member

15. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

He's just messing with everyone, right? He can't be this delusional.

16. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Does George's performance in the wet remove him from "greatest ever" discussion? I don't recall Casey or the Joker struggling this bad in those conditions.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I don't think George has ever been mentioned in any greatest ever threads. Nor should he be. Yet.

He just happens to be better than Valentino over the time they've been competing against one another.

throwdown likes this.
  18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

19. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Uhg, now I'm posting stats. I hate myself for this

Since 2008 George has 3 championships and Rossi 2 (Although George's 3rd was MM aided and could have easily been the other way around ;))
    If you include 2016, George will finish ahead of Rossi 5 times and Rossi 4 times ahead of George

Now I'm putting my Uccio tinted glasses on to analyze the stats.
    That is not total domination as some might have us think aaaaaaand with the 2 years Rossi was on the Duc, I'd at the very least call it a warsh.
    George hasn't show much fight when challenged where as Rossi seems to be able to fight it out if he can at least grab a wheel.
    Now for some races George checks out and doesn't have to fight and that is definitely admirable.

BigBird and mzarra like this.
  20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

no...he is that crazy.

he needed vals factory fuel tank to win. got it...hated it.
    he needed vals factory seat placement to win. got it..hated it.
    he needed a factory bike to win. got it ..hated it. got out of his contract.
    he needed a Honda to win. got it...hated it and said only marc could ride it..........unless it rains and he pulls one out of his ass. then he is the best mixed conditions rider in the world

Lazy Destroyer and mzarra like this.