Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Man they've been slow rolling for a long time now. Only reason they still have viewers is people waiting for something, anything to come full circle.

Here's a question, why does Ice King want Bran? Because he replaces the old man? Ok, who or what was the old man? Fkn stupid.
    Oh and making the Ice King a dude who was turned by the Children so they could win a war. And then he kills all of them. Where has Ice King been all this time? Why show up now? Why didn't he kill the old man and the Children before now?
    Fkn stupid.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

If I'm the Ice King I want Bran to force him back in time to change things so I don't get turned into the Ice King.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Well, you're also forgetting the fact that the three-eyed raven explicitly told Bran he wouldn't end up like him.

4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Perhaps the Ice King needed for "winter to come" before he could make his move? I realize that it's pretty much winter all the time north of the wall, but I'm just spitballing.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I guess. But every time he shows up it gets cold. Like he brings winter with him. In the books and the show they say winter comes in a cycle something just under every hundred years. Because some of the older characters remember the last winter. In my mind it was because their planet has a very long orbit. (Yes, I got that deep.)

Benjen Stark is gonna show up with a wagon load of Dragon Glass and save Bran.

JJJerry likes this.
  6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I may have missed that, but who said they are the only ones remaining?
    My take is that he's been building his army. Since they have to rely on being able to kill or capture humans that can then be turned in wights (zombies), I would imagine it would take quite a long time to do that to enough humans/wildlings (even horses) who are foolish enough to venture north of the wall to make a formidable force.........he certainly seems to have that now.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Firstly, the Children were thought extinct. The ones in the cave were a surprise. And now they're all dead. Extinct.
    Secondly, this isn't the Ice King's first rodeo. That's why there are records of Dragon Glass being used. Both the fat kid at Castle Black and Tyrion have mentioned it.

The way I understand it from the books, and the show backs this up, men in Westeros lived all over the continent. Then the Ice King came and they fled South and built The Wall. But the Wildlings have lived North of the Wall since it was constructed and the Ice King couldn't eff with them. So maybe Ice King's power grows when the planet goes into winter orbit (every seven or eight thousand years).

One of the problems with Martin's writing is on the one hand Winter came several thousand years ago and lasted for (Years? A hundred years? He never clarifies). But he has characters who say they remember Winter. Bran's nanny or nurse or wtf ever she was claimed to remember it. And one of the Meisters, can't recall which one, said he remembered it. So either Martin effed up (Likely, since he has effed up before and been called out on it) or people in Westeros live for a very very very long time. Or the characters were just bullshitting to scare people.

At any rate there are so many lose ends I'm betting it's gonna end up like Lost and just not bother to answer most of the questions.

8. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

9. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

The ice king couldn't get to them as the tree was protected by magic but once the ice king touched bran he could go into the tree.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But why? :p

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Because they needed a way to move the crippled little fucker from being stuck in the rootball doing flashbacks to other peoples lives, to actually doing something. *shrug*

12. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

I could have sworn that Tyrion said he lived through two or three winters. My impression was that Winter came every decade or two, but lasted for about 3-4 years. And it was not cyclical. Meaning it was never the same time between or same duration.

It was hard to watch the Hodor scene. Also, the dude was saying his demise everytime he said his "name" from 15 years old on.

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

He had one fucking job to do.....and he did it.

cha0s#242, JTW and Lanceabillion like this.
  14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

In the episode, the old man said that he didn't know where to find them until Bran had his dream. Once Bran appeared, he knew where to look for the cave/root cellar. I find that explanation a little odd, considering they were right underneath one of those Weirwood (Godswood) trees, just like the one where he was turned into the Night's King (what he's called in the books).

15. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

It's been confirmed the show will run 8 seasons?

There are regular winters that occur much more frequently but they also have a much more rare winter that is very long and very cold... Almost like an ice age i figure.

The records of the last battles against the white walkers are from the last ice age they went through.. Which was thousands of years ago.

16. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I gotta say having started reading this series in 2005, and multiple readings since, Cortezmachine has a pretty valid point. I believe these guys are gonna stick to the outline, and arrive at the same destination- but the show is so off the rails at this point that they can kinda do whatever they want. 8 seasons? I bet HBO wishes they could do 20!

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

It'll end with Danny Jon and Tyrian mounting the dragons and taking flight to conquer all the realm under the targaryan name with the army of meereen, dothraki, iron born, and unsullied at their side. the north being returned to Sansa and the stark family

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

19. N2BateU

N2BateU Active Member

Wanna bet? GGRM said his ending will be bittersweet

20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Either that or they'll sacrifice themselves to defeat the white walkers and bring peace to the realm. They are the Azor azahi or whatever fuck it's called. The three headed dragon.

pawpawrc likes this.