1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lease is up......

Discussion in 'General' started by Czar, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That just reminds me of a very drunk Buckwild trying to fit into my Jetta with the seat all the way forward. :D

Rain Director likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I so wish I'd seen that part of the evening :D

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

:stupid:
    An just Where is the :crackup: smilie when ya need it? :mad:

:D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed but it's slightly more normal. I've seen pics of me in the Jeep, it's pretty damn funny too. They look really big with other people driving them :D

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Just make sure you don't get a Monday or Friday build.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I should be pissed at you because you're one of the damn reasons why he was drunk. :D

8. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

It must have been the peaches.

You're welcome... :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  9. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

All good input - thanks all! I am hoping to commence test driving in the next weekend and see what is out there. I am thinking long term here - not as young as I used to be - and so trying to find that happy medium between still fun to drive but won't break the bank since the need for speed is not as great as it used to be but handling is still nice. The Q5 was great but lease payment is ridiculous and can't continue for me - buying it out would be over $22K and to me that is crazy for a car that is that old (3.5 years) and is going to need tires, brakes, etc. in the near future when I can pay that amount on something with a warranty that will get me 3.5 years of covered driving - so far the Kia Optima looks the best to me - will have to drive it to see how the interior is - will also check out the Mazda and Subaru options - VW is also now on the list to drive and price......this getting responsible came late in my life - but it is time to be real about what I can afford and need rather than what I want! Keep the input coming!!

BigBird likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you're thinking long-term, one more thing to consider about VW: design changes are usually evolutionary. A clean GTI from two or three generations ago still doesn't look too dated if you like that style of car. From one generation to the next, a Honda Civic may look like something from a different manufacturer. Just a thought.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She won't buy the used Q5 that she knows has been babied and taken care of better than anyone could ever expect. No way on someone elses used ride. Sad really :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was actually wondering what her problem was with used cars, but that wasn't what my post was about. I meant that if she bought a new VW and took good care of it, it still wouldn't look too ancient 10+ years from now.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got ya and totally agree on that too. Her problem with used cars is....well hell if I know :D Main issue with the Q5 is she's had it for a while and now wants something different. Happens every 4 or so years. A car payment of some sort will always happen no matter what she says, the only real question is how much will it be.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Buck who?

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

If you buy a focus the only option is the RS for next year.
    I hate the blue oval and I would so buy one.

BigBird likes this.
  16. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Yes But the RS is way out of the Price range.

I'd love to trade my ST in on an RS. But I drive too much, so my ST has no trade in value. Up here in the great white North the RS is 55,000 Canadian dollars out the door!

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I totally get NOT buying used. I have regrets about every one of my used vehicle purchase...every_single_one of the more than half dozen or so.

Fortunately, the dozen or so new purchases make up for a lot.

18. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

We won't be buying any Subarus... Angel wanted to look at the WRX STI... They didn't really want her to even sit in it.... Then frowned about her driving a WRX.... We chuckled and went to the Ford dealership.... Put her in the fastest Mustang they had.... 6 speed manual... ha ha ha

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

My local Subaru dealer is like that also... No test drives on the WRX or STi...

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That attitude from dealers pisses me off to no end. I wanted to try a Mazdaspeed3 once and they said no test drives. I told them to pound sand and bought a Lexus instead. Idiots treating their cheap hatchbacks like they where Ferraris...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Cam Morehead likes this.