1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the Yamaha FZ-07 take over LWT?

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Dec 12, 2014.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Don't you have a slipper Sam?

2. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Yes, in my sprint bike and considering taking it out. Stock clutch in the Endurance bike and I don't ride any different. We have a clutch lever for a reason. SV does not need slipper.

track wagon likes this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You sound more and more like Zoran every day. Are you chain smoking and guzzling Mountain Dew?

4. phen22

phen22 Member

I rode it, and could race it, without a slipper... but, given the choice, i'd prefer to have one.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Most LWTs probably do not, but why not have it if it's available? It's a simple piece of technology that doesn't really interfere with anything until you need it.

6. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Superstock rules say no.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

well in that case....We don't need no damn slipper :D

8. swiest152

Read enough of his emails and your sentence structure goes out the window along with your american accent.

It's a simple $800+ piece of technology....
    How many riders want to spend another $800-1200 to build their LWT race bike?

I have not ridden the bike but I doubt it needs the slipper. Just need a test ride first :)

^ding

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Very Cool.

I'm leaving tomorrow to move both Tyler and Dominique away to college. So...maybe I will have to come out and pitbitch for you some time. I know how to put on tire warmers, stands, replace tires, and sometimes I can even fill the gas tank without spilling it on the paint.

10. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Some guys won't race SVs without slippers. I'm one of those guys. I freely admit, my downshifting from straights to hard rights/lefts make my back end dance. A slipper calms all that down so I can focus on braking/corner entry.

11. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Congrats on successfully sending them off!! You're always welcome in our pits!!

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

No but I bet he eats more cheeseburgers than you donuts :)

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Burrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn. He knows you so well Mike

14. swiest152

Back end is suppose to dance :)

You don't even need slipper for those kind of corners. It's the corners that require a downshift while leaned over.

track wagon and Gorilla George like this.
  15. swiest152

Case Ramos, the best cheeseburgers in town.

16. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Slippers are for pussys! If you don't know how to feather the clutch nor how to blip the throttle while banging standard shift, sell your LWT bike!

track wagon likes this.
  17. swiest152

Not everyone wants to learn those skills

:Poke:

track wagon likes this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Get a job you bum...

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Speaking of donuts, I'm going up to a 600 spring...

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

JEEEZZZZZZZZZZ What up from a 525 that you sent me?? LORD! :D

I literally can't. I have to tried to blip it, I physically can't do it. I have too much going on. I can feather it but that's about it. I had to learn that instead of blipping. I will get another Slipper here shortly.