1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quadcopter for track day?

Discussion in 'General' started by bradd15, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing any fine print on the tickets at a WERA event, did I miss something. :Poke:

I also didn't realize we were only discussing Mongo and Trevor. I think there might be a couple other's that organize races and track days? Also what is true today may not be in a couple years as things evolve. So what is your point again?

2. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

What ever not my fight anyway I just hope I'm there when you try it.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The "other org" used one at Road Atlanta last year. I was curious to see how it came out, but never saw anything posted.

Me personally, I wouldn't want those things running around any events I was responsible for, although I'd let someone qualified do it in a pre-planned situation - as it'd make for good promotional material.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll do it on a case by case basis. Some tracks will not allow them no matter what.

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

6. Newsshooter

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

How long till we see these racing at the track ~ after hours of course. :D

[​IMG]

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That ball hanging at the bottom is the minimum gonad size required to strap oneself to that contraption.

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I hope he has an experimental license from the FAA.

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

At least he has a red safety harness to keep from from falling to the ground after he gets chopped to hell by the blades if something happens.

11. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

12. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I hope it shows up at the track soon...i'll have the water balloon launcher loaded

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If you really want to fly a drone at the track that bad then go rent the track and do it if they allow it.. Make your own rules for your Drone Race or TD...

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Well generally people with nitro heli's don't fly them around people like the usual idiots with the quadcopters and the other toy R/C aircraft do. And its these idiots who fly them around people that are the ones who are gonna get some serious requlations imposed on ALL R/C models. Some idiot in the mall selling these toy heli's and quadcopters hit a few people flying around the mall with them last year after being warned over and over and over NOT to fly them in the building. Guess who's kiosk was gone this year for xmas?

Flying RC aircraft was more fun when you had to know how to BUILD and set them up, not buy them ready to fly and they have so much crap built into the electronics to fly themselves that a waterhead can fly in 2 minutes. .

15. Newsshooter

Can't argue with that logic, though it is nice to see more people getting into the hobby, but it will being more idiots along with it.

16. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I know a girl that has two cracked vertebrae from a quad with a cam on it.

She is sore but will be fine.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

she shouldn't use it indoors :Poke:

18. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

A couple of videos that I took at Jennings last year. I had permission from the track and the event sponsor, but was asked to keep the drone over the paddock area and not fly across the fence. These are straight out of the camera with no editing, you may want to turn your volume down a bit...http://youtu.be/3yYeiQjvBNo
    http://youtu.be/lVODCVxKmUQ

19. Newsshooter

Honda or Suzuki? :D

20. Newsshooter

Looks like quadcopters are in use for the motoamerica races.