1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cowboy boots

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I like my Dan Post's and my pair of Frye's. They're my dress up boots for work when my red wings are too low brow.

You still gotta blare rhinestone cowboy :D

2. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

not even close.....but they are a little ghey....

no cowboy I know would be caught in those.....:Poke:

Good pair of Justin Ropers are comfy....low walking heel....soft round toe....not square....

Had a pair in deerskin...they were sweet....just didn't last long...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Go to a place that sells/specializes in cowboy boots/western wear. Try a bunch on. I have Dan Post, Ariat, and Stetson. All 3 are different sizes and none of them are the size of my normal shoe. All of mine are made in Mexico. Haven't been able to find a pair made in the US that fit me as good. Just like leathers, keep them well conditioned and they'll last a long time. They'll be tight and stiff at first, but, once they're broken in, they're very comfortable.

4. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

Lucchesse.

Try a bunch on. Allen's Boots in Austin,TX has thousands, even in weird sizes. 300 bucks buys you the same quality boot as a 1000 dollar pair, just not made of albino rhinoceros leather. Own three pairs, all are more comfortable than my most comfortable pair of shoes.

5. ped

ped Banned

the new thing that's cool is to wear roadracing boots

6. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Don't care for the life of the Ariat's daughter wore through the sole in less than 6 months.
    Just got the fiancé a pair of Old Gringo. Quality was several steps up from Justin, Corral, Ariat, and store brands. I don't know if it will hold true but salesman said they were often choice of people also looking at Lucchesse. They are handmade boots and everything appears top shelf.

FYI I haven't owned or worn a pair of cowboy boots in 30 years just spent the last 6 months looking for her and not sure of direct translation for mens/women's.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Frye or Ariat.

8. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

^^this. Lucchese are made in El Paso which is technically in the USA.

9. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

10. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

I have a pair of Justin ropers for dress (suit) and a pair for every day wear. I like the low heel for walking around. I also have a pair of Dan Post for fancier occasions, but not for suits.

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Every person in WI I've seen wearing them were weird to begin with, the boots didn't add much to their credibility.

12. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

The Nocona's and the Tony Llama's are my preference. Around these parts, they are a legit substitute for actual dress shoes.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hate country music? Give some alt country a listen. That twangy, polished modern "country" is crap but give Drag the River, Scorpios and Lydia Loveless a listen and I bet you'll dig it.

As for Cowboy boots, I got nothing. :D

14. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Truth has been spoken

15. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Cowboy look is the one I sought
    Can't change now cause the clothes are bought
    To be a true cowboy was my fate
    I can't help it if I was born late

( I couldn't make it as a Punker )

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Another vote for Lucchese. Dan Post, Ariats and Tony Llama are ok but in my experience don't hold up nearly as well, I have several pair of Lucchese boots that have been resoled multiple times.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I want to be a cowboy.
    I got to be a cowboy.
    I'm born to be a cowboy

18. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

In my area, guys who wear cowboy boots but don't spend their days mending fences or herding cattle are usually, um, extra fancy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But you may want to prepare yourself for some attention from a new demographic :)

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Do you still order them extra big so the sheep's rear legs will fit in their also:D

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that you also have to carry yourself a certain way to not look foolish. Solid masculinity, without going all broseph, is the key.

[​IMG][/IMG]