1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cowboy boots

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Dec 27, 2014.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Never heard of any of those bands, will have to give'em a look. One of the no namer's I found and really like is Tobacco Rd Band, Google 'stiff drink'....good tune, more of a southern rock sound IMHO.

I've become a huge country listener for about a dozen yrs now, that's after hating & mocking it all my life. Today's country isn't yesterdays twangy/banjo stuff that I hated.....there are a LOT of great country music out there today.

As for the boots, I hear they could easily add some height Dave! ;) :Poke:

For the time being, I can't ever see me owning a pair but once I relocate, who knows. :D

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Hopalong Meatball, the Italian cowboy...:Poke::D

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Hey now, JT once rocked a pair a ways back. :D

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

All this talk about boots was just what I needed to hear when wondering where to spend my Xmas $. Just picked up a new pair of Lucchese. The ones I got were made in Mexico.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

If you get a correctly-sized pair, and they're sufficiently broken-in, they're as comfortable (or more so) than a pair of bedroom slippers. I have an old, tattered pair, that I absolutely would not sell.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't see how anyone that wears them regularly wouldn't have knee and back issues. They completely throw off you natural alignment. They're basically high heels for dudes.

8. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I think that's the point. Mosey on over, sweet cheeks :D

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Got Damn. There had to be a reason I was reading a cowboy boot thread.

It's been a long time since I've been introduced to any decent music, but Drag the River is jamming in my office right now, and it's good! I'll check out the rest too. :up:

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I really regret starting this thread.

Guess I'll just go buy another pair of engineers boots, but that's some village people shit too. FML.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

This!

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Hi, my name is Kurt Kesler and if you don't like cowboy boots then f*ck you.

13. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I wear Cowboy boots everyday for almost every occasion. What works for you will depend greatly on how you will wear them. I will agree with the comment about Ariat. If you are just getting into boots I would recommend them. They are comfortable right out of the box.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What He Said..

15. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

lol:crackup:

On a serious note, my bother just picked up a pair of the ones you linked and is very happy with them so far. I pointed him towards Ariat after my experience with them.

I've had this pair http://www.countryoutfitter.com/products/28132-mens-heritage-western-r-toe-boot-distressed-brown for 5 years now and absolutely love them. Most comfortable cowboy boot I've owned and duribility has been great so far. These aren't just out on the town boots either. I live and work on our farm with them.

Anyway, hope this helps your ghey thread:D

16. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Was wondering at which post this would arrive.:D

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Jennings and Cash and Willie.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Disagree on the leather for the Lucchese pair but totally agree on the brand choice.

My only dress shoes are cowboy boots. My main motorcycle boots are cowboy boots and I've yet to be anywhere they look out of place but a large part of that may be me :)

I started wearing them riding in grade/middle school and have always had a pair or two since. Currently only 3 pairs - 2 Justin for regular wear and one pair black snakeskin for dress up stuff, can't remember the brand but nothing high end.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Evelyne loves hers but I've yet to find a pair in size 14 :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good ones don't any more than most gymshoes.