Need anything Honda 350?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CharlieY, Dec 10, 2014.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

That one was 49.3 and climbing.

Stockers are around 30,and a lot cheaper to build.....thus my comment about letting you "try" a stocker.....and I'm selling my fresh stocker race motor.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhh I gotcha. I didn't know they were that healthy in built trim. Nicccccce!

3. CharlieY

a good build will run you about $3,500 (stock crank), should put out mid 40's, and will last several seasons.

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Stan apparently had a rev limiter he designed and build fir a pvl.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

All that HP and wooden tires!! You guys are nuts!

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

you'd be surprised at how much grip those little skinny tires have. :)

7. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

Personally, I like not having too much modern technology in vintage racing. Who needs rev limiters, quick shifters, etc. on a vintage bike? Part of the fun is how crazy and analog the old bikes are.

8. james walker

:stupid:

i never ran a tach on my GP bike until I bought one from Joe. it was a fancy digital bar gauge type tach and even had programmable shift lights. 'Vapor' speedo/tach made by Trailtech? it just looked weird (to me) on the dash of a 40-something year old bike. doesn't matter now tho, since I think it's still in orbit from my get off at Roebling :D

i'm gonna put the standard Scitsu tach on my new bike, since I've invested so much money in the motor. i hadn't really though of putting any kind of rev limiter on it...but a magneto triggered (and programmable) shift light would be the bomb. :)

spa technique makes this one that i was looking at. works with magnetos. :)

9. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

you better save that money for a gas tank........:Poke:

10. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Lookie at Mr. 007 Moore.....already missing us..........and still causing trouble , retirement ......what a pile of bullshit...............................

11. james walker

I'm working on it...

Just gotta convince the finance dept. that its a necessity :D

12. CharlieY

Thanx Joe. I'll ping him and see what he has come up with.

Interesting shift lite Walker....that would be nice info, especially with no limiter.

I ran my first couple seasons with no tach either.....Once I got a little better, and had more money in my motors, I bought a Scitsu.

13. CharlieY

14. CharlieY