1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need anything Honda 350?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CharlieY, Dec 10, 2014.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

That would be CB, CL, or SL 350.

Sean, if you would rather I move and link, fine with me, just say so.

I've recently committed to helping another former racer clean house. I have just about anything from single parts to complete bikes.

Honda 350 Jugs, $20 ea.....Cleaned and Sandblasted available too.

I have a fresh build V1 / Sportsman motor, 66mm high dome JE pistons, megacycle cam, new mikunis, 1/4 turn throttle and cable, plus mikuni intake manifolds.

I'd sell it, as the package listed above, or include a complete other bike with a stuck core motor......AND a CB450 front brake.

Not a roadracer?....how about a complete SL350 with a motor that has compression?....flattracker?....funky vintage motard? your call.

Will ship, just holler.:rock:

Boatload of Honda 100 motors too.

PM and lets talk.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

A V1 bike you say?

3. CharlieY

You would enjoy it Kurt, its a hoot.

You would need some shocks, and maybe a 35mm front end....other than that, its there, but would need some work.

It would be priced to move sir.

4. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Send me a price, CY.

5. CharlieY

PM sent Chuck.

You need any info Kurt?

6. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

I wish I was rich enough to be a CB350 cool parts hoarder! Awfully tempted but I best finish my heap before buying more spare parts.

7. CharlieY

Hey Kyle, you'd be surprised the trouble that I can get into with a couple hundred cash and a line of credit from a person looking to clean house.

In other words, I still owe a nice chunk on the pile!

Lemme know what you need sir.

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Nope, I checked and my info is quite up to date, my wife will indeed strangle me in my sleep if I bring any more strays home.

9. GREG547

GREG547 Member

V1 motor

Charlie, how have you been ?im interested in the v1 motor ? Do you still have and how much ?email me [email protected] or call text 7063464129( this is Greg Adams by the way . Thanks so much

10. CharlieY

Hey Greg!.....I'll send you an email sir. :up:

11. southsidejack

southsidejack Well-Known Member

Do you have any fuel tanks? Also I could use a stock seat pan for a CB/CL.
    [email protected]

12. CharlieY

email sent Jack, thanx

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I just wanna ride one, one day. Just to see what it is like.

14. CharlieY

We may be able to work something out Dustin, but I would much prefer it be a stock racer. Unfortunately I'm about to put my completely fresh done right stocker race motor up for sale.

The V1 motors are so expensive to build correctly (3-4K), no rev limiter....one missed shift could bend valves and stuff (skinny stem valves).

Its still possible tho.....I would hate to see your interest go to waste. :beer:

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Holy Cow, no rev limiter?

16. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

Most V1 CB350s run PVL ignition which has no limiter. Most stock CB350s don't have limiters, either, if they're using the stock ignition with points and total loss setup. But sometimes you find a stock CB350 or a 350GP bike that has some other aftermarket electronic ignition system, which may or may not have a built-in rev limiter.

17. CharlieY

Yeah man, its all you holmes!...kinda like Kyle (free) said.

I haven't looked into it in awhile, so there may have been a product developed.

When I was running stocker, I didn't even use a tach.....I would shift when it quit pulling.

My last V1 motor, we ran it over 13K on the dyno and it was still making more power!....but it sure would be nice to have the piece of mind of the rev limiter.

18. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

How'd that 13000 work out??

19. CharlieY

Ultimately, not well....that was my point about the rev limiter.

In the end (months and a couple races later), I broke a crank....BUT the crank was obviously cracked for a long time once you could look at both sides of the break (rust)....it was a defective part. Nothing in the valve train was damaged. The next season, Dean and I were setting timing, and it was all over the place....I now realize the crank was flexing, it broke the next race after that.

It sure would be nice to have a rev limiter tho....any ideas Wayne?

I was totally blown away by the dyno chart still climbing until we backed off. The crank didn't break on the dyno run to 13,000, if that's what you are asking.....but it probably wasn't a good thing by any means.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ouch!!! What do they put out? 30 or so?