1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

They're assembled there at least. The big positive I see is jobs, but the staying power of a company producing overpriced quartz watches in Detroit is questionable in my opinion.

The watch is nothing special, but I'm clinging to the idea that they may someday design and manufacture mechanical watches. That ship likely sailed with Hamilton in the 70s, but I can dream...

I've been tempted to own an RGM, I just wish everything they make didn't look like something else.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

keepthetime likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There's a company up in Lancaster PA making automatics. RGM or something like that.

There's actually a few around the US using ETAs as well as doing their own movements.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I almost forgot this was in General. :)

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Any time I've written Seiko with a question they replied. Just another reason I like them. :up:

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

WOW. As far as where watches are made/assembled maybe we should move this discussion to the Dungeon.
    As most of you know Kobold Watches are one of my primary sponsors .I have learned a ton from Michael about the industry and watches in general.
    I will just say that as far as watches being built/made in the USA be very careful. Heck for that matter even Switzerland. Review the laws that these countries have as far as labeling "Made In ..." and the amount/value of parts required for that distinction..
    This is all old news in the industry. Plenty of forums to go to and see some epic arguments.
    As far as Shinola the straps are made in the USA. They are also starting to make some dials. That is it.

Ride safe,

AAron

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Only reason to wear a watch like this for recreations diving is as a novelty. The backup for a dive computer is another dive computer.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Yes.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kobold makes some real attractive watches. Their explorer gmt watch (model escapes me right now) is tasty. :up:

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:D There's an easy rebuttal to what I posted, but I know I'm safe here.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You did not even have to slide into home.:D

14. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

2001 Rolex Sub black no date 40mm stainless. $4800 seem like a solid asking price? Box/papers/service history and it's 98%

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You buying or selling?

16. HenryZX6R

Flipping. That'd be the rough selling price. My price is a lot cheaper

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eh, not bad but not great. It's fair and if you have time you should get it.

The box and papers are the hook.

18. HenryZX6R

So it'd move eventually for $4800?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I think you can get it. Where you selling, Ebay or Chrono24?

Ebay is tough since you'll be selling against dealers but it's worth a try.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Picture!?