1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I decided to retire my 15 year Citizen Eco-Drive (200M). I purchase this: [​IMG]

2. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

The oreint is a good solid watch

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

What does the pusher above the crown do?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With the design of the second hand I'm thinking stopwatch.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It is for setting the day of the week. The watch has a double pivot design: selects/toggles language (English/Spanish), see below for example..

The day (number) changes at midnight. If the watch is in English, it will change the day of the week at 0130 to the next day in Spanish and than at 0300 it will show the day of the week in English.

Example: Watch set to English: Thu December 11, 2014.

At midnight, it will show Thu 12
    At 0130, it will show Vie 12 (Spanish)
    At 0300, it will show Fri 12 English.

I order on line so I should get by end of day tomorrow. And confirm. :D

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I saw a Mako a while back, worn by a friend and I like it a lot.

I actually started the purchasing with the Mako in mind but I definitely like the blue on the ray and the absence of Arabian numbers.

I will most likely end of buying a few nato/leather straps for it.

In addition to a high purchase (luxury tool watch) end of year, I am also looking to purchase a legitimate dress watch. I think I may come back to Orient for that purchase as well.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My Explorer came today. I'm giddy like a school girl. :D

[​IMG]

I was worried it would be too big, but it's perfect. It actually wears smaller than the 007 I was wearing today.

[​IMG]

I've been lusting over this one for a while. Feels good.

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Nice!

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

J

NICE!!!! :up:

Except now I want one. :D

10. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

I know they've been covered here, but my wife got me this for our anniversary last week:

[​IMG]

It wears really nicely, smooth case with no sharp corners.

It's no TAG, but I dig it!

-T

11. trancework

trancework It's always now...

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Thanks Jed and Dave! It was too good a deal to pass, and so far I love it. I like that it's well under the radar if you're not a watch nut.

Shinola is doing a good thing, I like the premise, and it's a really nice looking watch. Congrats!

I'd love to see them produce some mechanical options also.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well shit. I've found another brand I want :D

[​IMG]

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I think I mentioned ball a hundred pages or so ago :p

They're AWESOME watches!

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

That is definetly "monster" sized.:D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably did, luckily I haven't had time to look at a good half of the watched mentioned in this thread :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only 42mm for the main case, not really big in person I'd guess. Lots of ti too. BTW they have one for you - rated to 3000m No, there is not an extra 0 in that.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I stumbled across Ball the other day. Nice stuff at a fair price. I've been looking at their GMTs.

Too bad I now think that I can't just add watches. I now need to sell one when I add one.

I've been flirting with selling my Panerai but that's going to be tough. My daughter helped pick that one out when she was like 5.

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

:D

I do like the Ti. The Orient should be here by end of day. It is going to be a shock.

I have been wearing my Citizen Eco Ti for nearly 15 years. And, I wear it as a bracelet. I don't believe that I will be able to pull the bracelet wear with the stainless steel. I will try though.

I will know by the beginning of the year, if I will need that extra zero. I have that one on one interview. If I need that extra zero, I suspect, that I will be also needing an extra zero on my next purchase.

I am listening to Dave (kill me). So, if there is not diving job, I may look at the Explorer or GMT.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That kind of leads me to ask about my personal opinion and questions on dive watches. I love that people still use them as the tool they were designed for (as they should) but, aren't there more accurate devices for long dives? What I'm asking is aren't there wrist mounted dive computers that are more accurate with more useful "aps" on them?