1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern half of Georgia wintry weather possible

Discussion in 'General' started by jkhonea, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The cars are all full of fuel...so plenty of genny gas. Suicide cable for the 220 outlet at the dryer...check. Gas heat up and down stairs via gas logs. Gas cooktop.

We are all good. Let it blow.

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

well, i HAD a long post written out on some of the do's and dont's of backfeeding a genny to your house, and my damn dog jump up here on the sofa, hit my mouse and closed my browser :mad:

3. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

I commuted into work this morning to Grady Hospital from Norcross. Roads were slushy but not THAT bad @7am. Hardly a car on the road, which made it kinda nice.lol

4. ToddClark

yea, that was this morning, as the day goes on, it seems hour by hour it just gets worse and worse.

I think the roads are going to be much better this time due to the idjuts staying home and off the roads, giving the DOT time to actually get out there and treat them. Back roads are still the suck, but looks like theyre doing a good job on main highways/interstates.

5. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just looked out the window(at Grady) where I can see the interstate. What few cars that are on the road are moving along at a fair pace. Nothing going on here precipitation wise for the past few hours.

And yes, with the roads clear, everything is better. No way am I staying here overnight. I'm planning on commuting home @4pm and coming back in the morning.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

i am currently convincing the wife to pull me on the snowboard behind the car. freakin awesome

at least 3" here so far, forecast says 100% snow until 10pm and then the icy watery thing coming from ATL

we don't have a generator.

being from germany and not knowing power outages, i'd assume: put on warm clothes, tear down the fence for firewood, get the stuff out of the fridge into the cold, what else?

we got enough water and beer, also canned food and such. (no bread and milk though - are we doomed?)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  7. Gotta love it when that happens. :crackup:

That is the good thing about having huge dogs, they move slow, are too big to sneak up on anything and don't jump. :D

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

111K now and steadily climbing. Good luck everyone.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Get a cat.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

If you do the snowboard thing you will have officialy become a South Carolinian redneck. High five!

I'm getting the golf cart out after awhile (meaning after I've had a few beers) and I'm gonna tie the chillins plastic sled to the back of it and go do some power slides in the cul-de-sac.:Poke:

11. ToddClark

i use those furry little good for nothing shits for target practice with my pellet rifle. And if i just want to piss them off and get a good laugh, i open the door and let the dog give chase.

12. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Unless the fence is cedar, don't burn it, to many kemikols cooked into it.

You'll put your eye out kid:D

P.s. You are doomed:eek:

13. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Fill up your bathtub and extra containers with water.

Most water pressure comes from a reservoir mounted up high, like a water tower. Takes electric pumps to push the water up there so that you will have water pressure at your house. With a power outage lasting long enough the water will be used up and not be replaced = no water.

14. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

mmm free food :up:

15. Snow just turned to freezing rain. I did venture out this AM, needed 4WD to get out of my neighborhood. Didn't need to go out but I wanted to do some donuts.

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

The main Do is kill the main breaker so there is no backfeed up the line.

The other must do is lick your finger and stick it in a socket to see if the back feed is working at your place:Poke:

17. ToddClark

:up:

18. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

This is good advice. I was out of power for 7 days over Christmas (ice storm up here in Michigan). I was quite happy I had filled up 5 gallon buckets with water the night before everything went out (I am on well water so without power I had no water)

19. this offer still stands FYI. just putting it on this page.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'll be right there. The woman and the hellions are already driving me crazy and it's only been 6 hours.:Poke: