1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noticing this sticker on Arai rider's visors lately

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Oct 4, 2013.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I think you are correct. In the "favorite replica helmet" thread, an arai rep (i think) said that fans of the jolly roger would be excited soon, so I bet this helmet is what he was referring to.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did some searching.....it is coming

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, its not coming in the Corsair V helmet like this one. It's coming in the mid-tier model the Defiant that's designed for naked and touring bikes, darth vader looking chin vent :down:

http://www.araiamericas.com/default.aspx?pageid=57#/helmets/moto/defiant

4. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

And the reason they even started putting stickers there was to keep a certain O sticker being put thier. Bruce told me that himself.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oakley?

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

They'll sell a lot of those in NYC...

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

8. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

its actually just highlighting the R75 shape they have on the helmets, its always been there they just decided to advertise it with a decal, its not there so other decals won't be as they can just be put below it or next to it anyway

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Still not entirely sure why they wouldn't make it for the US market in the Corsair V instead of the Defiant?

10. weiljh

weiljh Well-Known Member

Chris you are exactly correct, we have placed the "R75" decal on the riders shields to help promote that we truly believe in the Rounder, Smoother, Stronger shell shape when designing and producing a helmet (you can find out more info here http://www.araiamericas.com/default.aspx?pageid=1685) and has nothing to do with keeping other logos off of Arai rider's shields. In fact Nicky still has Oakley logos on his shields. We were all wondering how well changing the shield logos would go, and if anyone would even notice, but the interest and questions we have received has been quite staggering.

We decided to place the new Jolly Roger graphic on the Defiant helmet because we thought the aggressive nature of the graphic aligned well with the aggressive design of the Defiant model helmet.

11. vizsladog

Yup....then other manufatures starting making small stickers.

People were asking arai dealers for Oakley shields...

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

:down:

The Defiant isn't well suited to racetrack use right?

13. vizsladog

And didn't they pay to have them on there?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But you have to remember that the racer is a small percentage of their sales. Divide them up into head type (round, oval, square, blockheaded) and it gets smaller.

They will sell it where it sells best.

I don't see why the Defiant isn't good for the track, not everyone wants or needs the corsair.

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

w00t! The Defiant has the inner shape I need and I'm in the market for a new street helmet next year. Maybe the Wifey will let me get this one!

16. weiljh

weiljh Well-Known Member

The Defiant aero package is best suited for open fairing motorcycles, but it would work just fine on the track and has the same level of Safety and Comfort as a Corsair-V does.

17. caferace

caferace No.

The why does the Corsair-V cost so much more? :D

-jim

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because people will pay the extra, duh. :D

19. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

The real question is, when will us mortals be able to get the fancy rear spoiler the big boys have?

Cause I really need it! ;) :D

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Actually the Defiant has a pretty high MSRP itself. It's like $650

Today, I posted a link on some other thread where I found they were selling it.

EDIT: 6th post http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=307834

U R welcome :D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013