1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techonology (Microsoft Windows 8) Quesiton for the WERA peeps

Discussion in 'General' started by Renaissance man, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or is the Windows 8 operating system the most fuel for anti trust litigation ever?

Am I wrong, because nothing really works on the operating system anyway?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

We have a windows 8 expert on here somewhere.

3. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member

I don't know about lawsuit, but I haven't hated an operating system as much as this one in a looong time.

4. Renaissance man

Yeah, I am hoping that Bill Gates is killed by terrorists at this point.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I hate it, my wife hates it, and my wife hates me for buying her a computer with it on it. It's lose, lose, lose.

It wouldn't be that bad if we could figure out why it disconnects her from our wifi network every ten minutes or so. It's such a pain in the ass that she usually just surfs the internet from her iphone.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

What about it makes you want to make that claim?

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You think BillG had anything to do with Windows8?

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is he still cashing checks related to it? If so, then we'll still blame him. ;)

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It seems to work OK for me once I got it set up to look like W7 so I knew where everything was.:D

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

If you own MSFT stock you can too cash checks related to it.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What all did you do? I read an article or two but never actually applied any of it. Don't you have to download some apps/toolbars to do it? I'm always leery of those.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

There isn't anything to do. Customize your start screen to have the apps you use the most on there and then get going.

13. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Just switch to VDI running Windows 7 and the world will suddenly improve in every possible way.

14. Renaissance man

He built the culture/ideology in Microsoft to constantly re-invent the Windows OS not to work better, but to steer people to MS products.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Do you really believe the that OP has any idea what VDI is or has the ability to deploy the mechanisms to support it?

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

:crackup:

Seriously? You believe that?

Windows8 is the best released version of Windows, ever. Just because its UI design choices aren't what you like (or aren't used to) doesn't make your statement true in any shape or form.

God I can't believe I'm sitting here arguing this with you. I think its the sickness.

17. Renaissance man

As I was moving my non MS applications over (which I am the legal/licensed full owner of), Win 8 wants to "keep verifying who I am". Well, it doesn't work unless you have a MS/Hotmail/(or whatever they are calling the crap email) email address...can't verify (easily) and finally figured it out...there are dozens more examples, but I am not wasting any more time talking about this piece of shit operating system.

18. Renaissance man

...and lastly, everything in the OS is designed to get as much personal information as possible about the user...for reasons that cannot be validated. You cannot simply be a licensed user of an application and work...you have to "surrender" information on a constant basis.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

ABSOLUTELY. Maybe it's better in some aspects but the re-invention of something that wasn't really broken, forcing millions of companies to upgrade and/or retrain staff and to spend billions to do so sure hints at that thinking.