1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Papa Helicoptered after crash today

Discussion in 'General' started by grady anderson, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

Wow! Blast from the past.

2. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

3. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

Never got a chance to say thanks to papa for getting me started in road racing. It was 1998 Marcus dairy in ct. Met papa and he encouraged me to take my then brand new r1 to Pocono raceway to ride with team promotion and reduc. Papa I'm still here, thousands of dollars later and 21 bikes since. Still not as fast as u. Still kinda pissed off at u for humiliating me at vir with the sv that u rode for the very first time while I was on the r1. Still have the video where u filmed me at Pocono while u rode that crazy powerful bike u had that was featured in cycle world. I could go on and on but I have to pay attention to my patient on the table. Miss u man, as ghey as it sounds, I really do. Yea it's me pete

4. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

I thought it might be some kind of Internet gremlin, spam or computer virus when I saw the "reply to thread" show up in my e mail after almost an eight year hiatus.
    Papa was probably asleep when this started back up so I forwarded him my e mail notice for grins.
    Tophyr, how did you stumble on this?
    And Bob Patch, Wassup? See you at Summit this year?

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Who the hell is this Papa Clown??? :confused:

:p

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

In Would you race again?, I answer the question outlining the reasons that I would get back on the horse after a crash that nearly kills me. Papa pointed out that death is only one of the possible consequences for a crash and that it's not necessarily the worst one, and others clued me in as to the back story.

I read the whole thread because I wanted to understand what it's like to follow someone through something like that. Even just reading it, almost eleven years detached, was moving and difficult.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dammit, Todd, when I asked you not to bring this up in Morris' thread, that didn't mean you guys should bump the thread instead. :Poke:

Hey Pete, I begged you for a copy of that video for years. Now you twist the knife in it? That's cold.

Nice to hear from you. :)

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Well, that's on me - I wondered if it was something you might rather have seen stay buried. Apologies if you actually did :eek:

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I read through this thread and learned alot about the people on the bbs and in general. I do have a question did papa ever get married?

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Sorry, Papa, i should have specified when i sent it. I didnt think he'd bump the thread. My bad. :(

But yes, Chris, it really should be required reading.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Briefly.

:crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow. A decade. Still selfish of me but still glad you're around :D

14. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Point me in the direction of that thread....

:Pop:

Just kidding

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hey Papa, please PM your address. I found something in the archives I wanna send!
    I sorta knew your story but was glad to actually see what took place. Man I so get the tube in the throat thang. Just glad I was out for that part of the fun.

I gonna meet you one day soon; feel like I know you already,

Take care my friend!

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You wouldn't find anything anyway. I don't do breakups on the beebs.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And I didn't save any of her e-mails.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It's interesting how one can read quite a bit between the lines of a one word sentence...

:D

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He could nuke it anytime if that were the case. ;)

20. livebikes

livebikes Banned

I'm glad I got to read it, too. This goes back to the year I retired, and I didn't know how it went down. It had a powerful effect on me, too, and I agree that it should be required reading for any racer.

Glad you're still around, too, Papa. :up::beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.